Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Register User Form // Update User // Display the value of user.employeeclass for acutal user

Volker
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have an use case for user form.

We would like to display the actual value of the users employeeclass in the form.

The field is configured:

• as type "Single Select From SQL Query" / "SQL ENUM".
  • Values: select DISTINCT employeeclass as id from users where employeeclass <> "EMP"
  • Default Values:select employeeclass as id from users where username = {username}

In create use case it works with that statement, in update use case no default value is displayed. The field "username" exist as well on the form and is linked with the "User Column" "username"

Any hint how to accomplish that task?

Thanks and best regards

2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

In case of create account default value works for update user value is picked from user column configuration under dynamic attribute.

make sure employee class is updated for user 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Thanks for your answer.

The root cause was the data quality in test environment. Additionally the statement has missed a "$" .

I have changed the SQL to do a check for existing value first and now I get the expected result:

select case when u.employeeclass is null or u.employeeclass = '' then "Please Select" else u.employeeclass end as id from users u where u.username = ${username}