Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Register User Form // Grant actions to specific personas

Volker
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

we have the following use case:

- A Register User Form, with the option to register an external user or to set preferred name

- Both actions will be done by different group of peoples in our company

- Both groups of people should not be able to see or at least to act on the form task of the opposite group

Exist there an way to fulfill that in SSM 23.6 or newer?

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Create user will be automatically create user ? where you want to hide data ? task level or request level

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I would like to restrict which fields each group can select in this form. This also prevents the specific group from seeing data that they should not see.

For example, group A can select the field value "Register external user" and should not be able to see or at least select the field value "Manage preferred names". The form then hides fields that are not relevant for the corresponding selection.

For group B, it is the other way around.

Use show hide feature and implement same

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Unfortunately, I did not catch your hint. I have already implemented the show/hide function in this form.

But what I can't figure out is how to restrict access to parts of the form to different user groups.

EDIT:
If field "action" contains an enumeration of "action a" and "action b" than the group a should only be able to chose and work on fields associated with "action a" and in best case not even see "action b" and the assigned form fields. The show / hide functionality already covers the visibility of relevant form fields if the appropriate action was selected

Maybe you can detail your solution approach a bit more?

Regards

Below is solution :

• Create DA and show You are part of xyz group 
    • Based on value selection show and hide other attributes on request form

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Thanks, that's a great idea, I will try it out and keep the thread updated.