Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Query returns no rows

ldimitrov
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have  strange issue with trying to create to analytics.

I am actually trying to copy the existing analytic that we have for all Endpoints and create a new analytics for two new Endpoints. What is strange is that I get an error saying query is giving zero columns and I can't create the analytic. Query is obviously working correct, but still I can't save/create the analytic.

I am attaching screenshots. Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Lachezar

15 REPLIES 15

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@ldimitrov did you execute above query in data analyzer? 

Did you update the query to match the condition for new endpoints? 

Regards,
Sumathi Somala
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

Hi @SumathiSomala 

When I execute the existing query in Data Analyzer I get a lot of results

ldimitrov_0-1701795625387.png

When I only change the Endpoint to the new one, I get "No data to display" , which is fine, as this is a new Endpoint and there is no data.

But when I try to create the analytic, I get an error.
Best regards,

Lachezar Dimitrov

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Change column name ending with status in query

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

I tried changing all columns ending with "Status" to "State" but again I get this error:

ldimitrov_1-1701795847635.png

Best regards,

Lachezar Dimitrov

Please share query

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Please find attached.

Best regards,

Lachezar Dimitrov

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

Yes I already tried that, but also tried what you sent (just in case I didn't see all the changes you made), but still get the same error - "Error while previewing control.Please check logs for detail error"

share logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

from debug log:

2023-12-08 14:36:14,280 [https-jsse-nio-443-exec-535] ERROR analytics.AnalyticsController - Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method join() on null object
at com.saviynt.ecm.analytics.AnalyticsController$_closure22.doCall(AnalyticsController.groovy:2453)
at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.filter.GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:53)
at com.saviynt.webservice.SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.groovy:145)
at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter.doFilter(MutableLogoutFilter.java:62)
at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.SecurityRequestHolderFilter.doFilter(SecurityRequestHolderFilter.java:59)
at com.mrhaki.grails.plugin.xframeoptions.web.XFrameOptionsFilter.doFilterInternal(XFrameOptionsFilter.java:69)
at com.brandseye.cors.CorsFilter.doFilter(CorsFilter.java:82)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
2023-12-08 14:36:14,280 [https-jsse-nio-443-exec-535] DEBUG analytics.AnalyticsController - colstr-

from error log:

2023-12-08 14:36:11,203 [https-jsse-nio-443-exec-608] ERROR analytics.AnalyticsController - Exception
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object 'null' with class 'null' to class 'int'. Try 'java.lang.Integer' instead
at com.saviynt.ecm.analytics.AnalyticsController$_closure19.doCall(AnalyticsController.groovy:1786)
at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.filter.GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:53)
at com.saviynt.webservice.SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.groovy:145)
at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter.doFilter(MutableLogoutFilter.java:62)
at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.SecurityRequestHolderFilter.doFilter(SecurityRequestHolderFilter.java:59)
at com.mrhaki.grails.plugin.xframeoptions.web.XFrameOptionsFilter.doFilterInternal(XFrameOptionsFilter.java:69)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
2023-12-08 14:36:14,280 [https-jsse-nio-443-exec-535] ERROR analytics.AnalyticsController - Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method join() on null object
at com.saviynt.ecm.analytics.AnalyticsController$_closure22.doCall(AnalyticsController.groovy:2453)

Updated Query

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

I tried the updated query and yet the error is the same:

ldimitrov_1-1702391533475.png

ldimitrov_0-1702391458062.png

Best regards,

Lachezar Dimitrov

Split your query in smaller parts of union and check which union is causing issue.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @rushikeshvartak , 

Looks like the issue is with the null selects.

It is like this version of saviynt won't accept union clause for columns that are missing from one of the tables - you can't use select null as "something" or select '' as "something"

I opened an incident with support, I hope there is something of a workaround.

Best regards,

Lachezar Dimitrov

Instead of ‘’ use ‘Blank’ and add ifnull check 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak