Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Query related to Request Emergency Access Roles feature

kbhandari_25
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I am trying to Request Emergency Access Roles. I have the below doubt-

Since emergency access is a time bound request, is there a way we can have auto provisioning of entitlement instantly when the Add/Remove task is created instead of waiting for the scheduled provisioning job to run.

Also, how the remove task is created for emergency access, is it using Create Tasks for Future Ent Role Requests(EnterpriseRoleManagementJob)?

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Since emergency access is a time bound request, is there a way we can have auto provisioning of entitlement instantly when the Add/Remove task is created instead of waiting for the scheduled provisioning job to run. - You can add task type in global configuration under instant provisioning

• Also, how the remove task is created for emergency access, is it using Create Tasks for Future Ent Role Requests(EnterpriseRoleManagementJob)? - yes

rushikeshvartak_0-1727276888320.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Thanks for your reply.

• You can add task type in global configuration under instant provisioning

Is there an alternative to this? The emergency access task is being created as Add Access/Remove Access task types, which is the same type used for normal access requests. We want to avoid having normal access requests also provisioned instantly.

• Also 2 remove tasks is getting created for a single request every time the end date/time is being reached. Is it the issue with the task-Create Tasks for Future Ent Role Requests(EnterpriseRoleManagementJob)?

•    Is there an alternative to this? The emergency access task is being created as Add Access/Remove Access task types, which is the same type used for normal access requests. We want to avoid having normal access requests also provisioned instantly. No as task type is same.
    • Also 2 remove tasks is getting created for a single request every time the end date/time is being reached. Is it the issue with the task-Create Tasks for Future Ent Role Requests(EnterpriseRoleManagementJob)? - That should be fine as long as task is getting created and processed. But you can raise support ticket for defect

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Our current requirement is to raise emergency access for a single entitlement. Can we create a new provisioning job using the Advanced option and pass a query to filter for that specific entitlement? If we schedule this job to run every 5 minutes, I believe we can meet the requirement. If this is possible, could you please share the query we should use?

• and at.entitlement_valuekey in (1,2,3)

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi @kbhandari_25 there is a functionality present under global configuration which can be used to process task before starting date you can use that .. i am not able to recall the field name but a search with "start date" will give you the option.

I might be wrong but check "create task is start date" is the field name