Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Query Regarding Latest iptables Version for RHEL 8.X

Chirag_Gupta
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

Since I am unable to reply to the forum post due to technical constraints, I am creating a new ticket to seek assistance regarding the latest iptables version compatible with RHEL 8.X. You can find the original thread below.

Need some information regarding SC2.0 Connectivity... - Saviynt Forums - 81378

I am reaching out to inquire about the latest available iptables version compatible with RHEL 8.X. Currently, we have identified the following versions: iptables-1.8.4-15.el8.x86_64, iptables-1.8.4-15.el8_3.3.x86_64, and iptables-1.8.4-17.el8.x86_64.

Our client is keen on utilizing the most recent iptables version for their RHEL 8.X environment. Could you please provide guidance on which version is the latest and recommended for usage? Additionally, it would be helpful to understand any potential drawbacks or considerations associated with deploying the latest iptables version.

Thanks,

Chirag Gupta

1 REPLY 1

smitg
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Chirag_Gupta ,

According to SC2 counfiguration documentations, supported iptables versions are
iptables-1.8.4-15.el8.x86_64, iptables-1.8.4-15.el8_3.3.x86_64 and iptables-1.8.4-17.el8.x86_64

However, starting RHEL 8.6 version few iptable packages are deprecated. We are on RHEL 8.9 version and we observed frequent connection failure issues. After server restart where SC2 client is installed, iptable config was getting wiped off hence it was causing connection failure. Since iptable package is deprecated we could not fix this issue. 

To mitigate this issue, we replaced iptables with firewald packages and changed configurations accordingly.

Please raise a service request to check compatibility if you are planning to go with RHEL 8.6 or 8.6+ versions
 https://saviyntsupport.saviynt.com/support/catalog/items

Thanks,
Smitha