Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Preprocess- email generation

srikanth1202
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

We have below scenario for preprocessor.

User data comes from workday with 50K users and it contains both email and with out email users.

I have custom jar to generate  email. I am using Modify user Json and it is working. 

Question: How to  restrict users to pass only who don't have email id instated of sending all 50K users to the custom Jar to validate and generate email id. 

I tried this logic.

Modify User Json: 

{
"ADDITIONALTABLES": {
"USERS": "SELECT email,CUSTOMPROPERTY21 from USERS"
},
"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS": [
"customproperty1",
"customproperty21",
"email"
],
"PREPROCESSQUERIES": [
"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET customproperty1= CASE WHEN (NEWUSERDATA.EMAIL IS NULL and NEWUSERDATA.EMPLOYEETYPE='F' and NEWUSERDATA.ORGUNITID='Contract') then 'MODIFY USER needed2' ELSE 'no update needed' END",
"CUSTOMFUNCTION###FUNCTION1"
],
"CUSTOMFUNCTIONS":{
"FUNCTION1":{
"FULLCLASSNAME":"com.saviynt.custom.emailFormatter",
"METHODNAME":"formatEmail"
}
}
}

7 REPLIES 7

NM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @srikanth1202 , in custom jar are you calling rest API to get those user entries? Can you share jar and elaborate more the case.

You can do a get call to get those users and check if they have email already present or not ..

Don't think we can restrict on number of users to be passed in function.

srikanth1202
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

It is simple Java logic to to generate email id based on first name and last name with the condition checking  of alias stored in one of the custom property.  Due to the restriction I am unable to share the code here. 

question was can pass users only who don't have email id to the custom Jar?

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Try making function as parameterized 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

you mean here,

"CUSTOMFUNCTIONS":{
"FUNCTION1":{
"FULLCLASSNAME":"com.saviynt.custom.emailFormatter",
"METHODNAME":"formatEmail"
}

if Yes, can you please provide an example

I dont have example. and I know its not supported but you can give try

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

srikanth1202
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thank you. It is not supported. 

Please submit idea ticket for enhancement 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak