Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

owner on terminate as managers manager

The_explorer
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello, if the users manager is terminated then we want to assign that terminated managers manager to the user. so, what would be the rule condition for the same?

8 REPLIES 8

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @The_explorer ,

1. Create update rule with condition (##a.statuskey isupdated## and a.statuskey=0) with action Create Update User Task.

2. Add below JSON in UPDATEUSERJSON

{"updateUserQry":["UPDATE USERS U, USERS M SET U.manager = M.manager WHERE U.MANAGER=M.USERKEY AND U.MANAGER=${user.id}"]}

3. Once manager is terminated, Update User Task will be created after WSRETRY above query will be  executed and manager's manager will set as a manager to user.

Let me know if it helps.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂

Saathvik
All-Star
All-Star

1. Create update rule with termination condition for example like below

sk_0-1692382967125.png

Then add below action Transfer Ownership with Replace user in Manager

sk_1-1692383012069.png

with this condition by default it will replace the manager to Owner on Terminate(If you don't have owner on terminate then it will assign it to manager's manager).

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  1. Create User Update rule to detect change of user termination
  2. Update UPDATEUSERJSON in Connector to update manager's manager 
  3. You can also perform this during user import as Preprocessor 
  4. Create another user update rule to transfer ownership 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

Hello,

I am Working on Email template on same use case where I need to Notify users manager that have terminated and need to add managers manager in cc

The hierarchy is User manager is terminated so IRL that user is terminated so his manager should get notification and also manager manger also need to get notify 

How Can I create this email template

You can use user update rule.

rushikeshvartak_0-1692594315067.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

Thank you for your help

I need to create email template for that can you help me with creating email. Like what should I need to add in body like how can I mention managers manager in To/cc/body

Try below script in email body to find variables exposed.

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "<" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

The above use case can be implemented in 3 ways:

1. User update rule: use transfer ownership feature.

2. Preprocessing: use this to detect the user terminations and assign the new manager.

3. In connector populate update user json which can be triggered via rule again.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos