Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

OU creation in AD dynamically

Ankky
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

We have a use case where we need to create OU in Active Directory dynamically whenever the user import brings a new location.  We have come-up with the below solution for this use case and looking for suggestions.

Possible solution:

1.       Create an external jar with the OU creation logic.
  2.       Create a dataset in Saviynt with the current location details.
  3.       During the user import from authoritative source, check if the user location is available in the dataset. If the value is not available, then set a custom property on the identity with the missing values.
  4.       Configure a user update rule/technical rule to invoke external jar based on custom property. 
  5.       The external jar will create the OU in Active Directory and update another custom property lets say, customproperty11, on the identity as success.
  6.       Configure a Sav4Sav connector to read customproperty11 from all the users and update the dataset if the value is not present already.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

The Possible solution looks like a workable solution and looking positive. 

1. Create an external jar with the OU creation logic.
  2. Create a dataset in Saviynt with the current location details.
  3. During the user import from authoritative source, check if the user location is available in the dataset. If the value is not available, then set a custom property on the identity with the missing values.
  4. Configure a user update rule/technical rule to invoke external jar based on custom property. 
  5. The external jar will create the OU in Active Directory and update the dataset directly with the new value using dataset - Saviynt APIs.

There is no need of customproperty11 update and a Sav4Sav connector to read customproperty11 for all users and update the Dataset.

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

Ankky
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello @Rajesh-R,

Thanks for looking into it!

Could you please provide the API link which can be used to update the dataset. I'm referring to https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/RWaLwo21#2ee1eb47-d65a-4b82-b25c-adc7e91d1b1b API document and couldn't locate the API to update dataset.

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Ankky  - There are set of Dataset APIs

Refer: https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/23973797/2s9YXce5Yd

Identity Repository -> Dataset

rajeshram_0-1701154526416.png

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

Ankky
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello @Rajesh-R ,

I was looking into the APIs that you had suggested but I don't see an API to insert a new row in the dataset. Could you please help me with the API that I can use to insert a new row if the match is not found.

Thanks.