Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Off-Board users based on the TimeZone

Nmaheshwari
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

We need to offboard users based on different timezones.
We are getting end date with offset value as 2024-02-15T 00:00:00 -4:00 from source but it's not consumed correctly by saviynt.
In Saviynt End date atribute is reflecting as 2024-02-15 00:00:00.0 without offset.

Any way we can achieve this? How can we make sure termination happens based on the user's timezone? Is there any configuration present in Saviynt for this?

Thanks,

Nupur

6 REPLIES 6

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@Nmaheshwari refer this post :

How to Off-board Users Based on Their TimeZone? - Saviynt Forums - 11175

You can give a try by creating Sav4SAv connection

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Store date in Customproperty and perform termination

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Nmaheshwari
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi,

I understand that there are other workaround to use sav4sav, customproperty. Also we are already short of CPs. Wanted to check how these timezones being handled by Saviynt for global customers and if this is supported by Saviynt?

Thanks,

Nupur

I dont find any documentation around same.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Pandit
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

To make Timezone calculation works in Saviynt version 23.10 and above . We can make a use of end date and country at user level attribute i.e whenever any user's Country is "INDIA" or anything set the enddate with + or - hours corresponds to UTC Time Zone. 

Here is the related query "UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET ENDDATE = CASE WHEN (country = 'India') THEN DATE_FORMAT(CONVERT_TZ(`ENDDATE`,'-05:300','+00:00'),'%Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s') WHEN (country = 'Ecuador') THEN DATE_FORMAT(CONVERT_TZ(`ENDDATE`,'-05:00','+00:00'),'%Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s') WHEN (country = 'Spain') THEN DATE_FORMAT(CONVERT_TZ(`ENDDATE`,'+01:00','+00:00'),'%Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s') WHEN (country = 'Finland') THEN DATE_FORMAT(CONVERT_TZ(`ENDDATE`,'+02:00','+00:00'),'%Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s') ELSE `ENDDATE` END WHERE USERNAME = 's.sapche5account'"

Follow solution mention here https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/how-do-we-handle-user-termination-in-different-tim...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak