Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Need suggestion on DB application integration design with Saviynt v23

Rajesh_IAM
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

We have a new DB application, which needs to be integrate with saviynt. Application have 3 custom views, which some custom attributes. So here we need to import all these custom attributes to Saviynt and will display these custom attributes values as DAs in ARS page. All the selected DA values should be inserted into DB through Create Account JSON. Here there are no roles/entitlements for DB, only create account and update account usecases.

1. How can I achieve this usecase.? If I use dataset to import DB custom attributes to saviynt, is it possible to create DAs using dataset values.?

2. I want provision one AD group by default along with new account creation for users. Here DB does not have any roles/groups, I did not have chance to add that AD group as child group for DB group. how can I provision one AD group by default for users along with new account request.?

5 REPLIES 5

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

1) Yes, you can use dataset values in dynamic attribute and showcase the same in ARS form.

2)To add an AD group use "Entitlement with new account" configuration. Whenever new account request is submitted along with that task will be created for added group. 

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • 1. How can I achieve this usecase.? If I use dataset to import DB custom attributes to saviynt, is it possible to create DAs using dataset values.? - You need to create dataset manually / via import sheet in saviynt no automated import supported
  • 2. I want provision one AD group by default along with new account creation for users. Here DB does not have any roles/groups, I did not have chance to add that AD group as child group for DB group. how can I provision one AD group by default for users along with new account request.? - Add  group under Endpoints --> Entitlements with New Account

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Rajesh_IAM ,

1. How can I achieve this usecase.? If I use dataset to import DB custom attributes to saviynt, is it possible to create DAs using dataset values.?

One way is what @rushikeshvartak suggested. Get the data exported and update manually.

Second - You can write a Java code to fetch data from the views and use Saviynt APIs to create and update datasets.

{{url}}/ECM/{{path}}/createDataset

There are multiple options via APIs, read more here - https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/23973797/2s9Yyy8JLo#146c9349-5e16-4d9a-aa7f-78bc09d3d558

2. I want provision one AD group by default along with new account creation for users. Here DB does not have any roles/groups, I did not have chance to add that AD group as child group for DB group. how can I provision one AD group by default for users along with new account request.?

As rushikesh suggested, Entitlements with New account. It allows you to have entitlement from different endpoint also so you can have AD group.

Thanks,

Amit

Rajesh_IAM
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak  @AmitM @NM ,
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

Please accept solution and close thread

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.