Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Need information regarding azure AD Account import Filter

mollasiraj
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

I need some information regarding Azure AD account import filter.I am using the below query-startswith(givenName,'Siraj').We are having a usecase to import the account based on the specific country and employee type. Anyone help me what query I can use for achieve the above use case.We are using the azure ad connector type.

8 REPLIES 8

RakeshMG
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Please try :

startswith(extension_ourGUID#_employeeType,'Staff') AND country eq xxxx

​Regards

Rakesh M Goudar

mollasiraj
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Rakesh,

If I use the above mention format for account filter then instead of extension_ourGUID what value  I need to put.

startswith(extension_ourGUID#_employeeType,'Employee') AND country.equals("USA")

Is the above format is correct which I mentioned.Please let me know

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You can try with the below format. The only change is country eq

startswith(extension_ourGUID#_employeeType,'Employee') AND country eq("USA")

Regards,
Sahil

mollasiraj
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I tried using the above query but it is importing all the account that's present in Azure.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you try with the below one

startswith(extension_ourGUID#_employeeType,'Employee')& country eq('USA')

Regards,
Sahil

mollasiraj
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Sahil,

If I am using the above filter then I am getting below error in account import job-

mollasiraj_0-1680864989103.png

Account threshold (accountThresholdValue) exceeded. Current threshold limit 100 and missing accounts during import 1636. No action was taken on missing accounts due to the threshold breach.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Based on the above screenshot, it appears the filter condition did not work. Let me check this once and will update you.

Regards,
Sahil

khalidakhter
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Instead of ampersand (&), please use 'and' conditional operator for adding another condition in the filter parameter supported by Microsoft graph API.
Example: startswith(extension_ourGUID#_employeeType,'Staff') and country eq 'USA'

For more info on filter visit: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/filter-query-parameter?tabs=http