Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Mapped endpoint duplicate account creation

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi folks,

Use case is to allow users to include parent endpoint when requesting access from mapped endpoint and provision a single account for both endpoints.

What I did:

• Setup parent account naming rule.  
  • Setup child endpoint with mapped endpoint to parent. 
  • Allow child endpoint desired entitlement type to be requestable

Observed behavior at request time seems ok, user gets prompted to add parent endpoint when target does not have access to parent yet.

Provisioning tasks that get created have the right account name across the board:

flegare_0-1723144837191.png

Completed tasks look fine, too

flegare_1-1723145046602.png

However, after provisioning, the account that gets imported has a completely different account name generated.  Further, the expected account is marked as manual provisioning which makes sense as the expected account was never discovered back:

flegare_2-1723145180725.png

What could I be missing to have Saviynt provision a single account for both endpoints?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

does both endpoint following same account name rule

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I originally did not have a rule, expecting the child endpoint to use the same rule as the parent endpoint.  I just ran another test with the same rule configured in both endpoints and the same problem popped up, two accounts were created

Ideally account name rule should be same as account it should create account under child endpoint 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Was gonna write a way-too-lenghty reply before deciding to test account creation at parent level and observe the same behavior.

Issue was related to createaccountjson, the sAMAccountName parameter was missing.

In the words of the great poet Homer Simpson: "D'oh"

This thread should be closed and preferably incinerated...

So all together issue with create account json config issue with missing samaccount name

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak