Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

manager and owner fields on the user

asp
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi all,

Can someone explain what the relationship is between manager and owner field on the user object? Or how are these fields to be manager? Do we just set/update the manager field on user import? Should these always be the same? Where is the owner field used, for what purpose? 

6 REPLIES 6

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi @asp owner field stores the username of the manager and manager is the attribute which store the user key and store the name on UI

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Manager field stores the manager's userkey.
  • Owner fields store the username of the manager.
  • We have to set owner field it will automatically set manager field during import.
  • from UI If you set the manager, then the owner will be automatically updated.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

asp
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you! I need to set the manager of users, that are being imported from AD. The username is the employeeid and thats why I need to use in-line preprocessing to set the manager/owner. So, if I understand this correctly - I only have to define 'owner' attribute in my computedcolumns, and then set the owner as the username for the manager under 'preprocessorqueries'. 

Is that correct? If the owner is set by the pre-processor correctly, the manager should be populated automatically?

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi @asp,

Yes set owner with username it will populate manage automatically.

trace001
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak - We are on version 24.1. When owner is updated through import ( we can see this in the user update history tab) - manager is not updated. Also, the update history tab for the user doesn't show manager update. Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Trace

Please check in latest version

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.