Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to put a delay during API calls

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Folks,

I found an article that we can control the maximum API percentage depending on Target's API limit.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/Release-Notes/page/Content/v2022.0/Release-Notes-v2022-0-0.htm

Joon_0-1697190496366.png

In this article, I guess it seems to support only OKTA but I am wondering If I can apply this other application Since we have an app that constantly fails in ImportJob and guessing it's related API limit.

Can I get any advice If Saviynt can control API frequency during Importjob by putting some delays ?

5 REPLIES 5

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Joon 

Thanks for contacting the Saviynt forums. maxApiCapacityPercentage parameter has been introduced specific to Okta connector. You can raise an enhancement request in ideas portal for a similar feature to be introduced with the other connectors.

For the application/connector you are using where you see Import job failures, we suggest you to check the logs which will help identify the root cause of the issue.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

sk
All-Star
All-Star

@Joon : If your integration is based on REST Connector then, you can introduce below config to limit 

"apiRateLimitConfig": {
        "retryAfterCalls": 100,
        "retryWaitSeconds": 60
      }

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Joon
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thanks for the answer Saathvik, Does the value represent ms or just second ? can I also get the default value when I don't specify the config?

@Joon : This only supports only in seconds. Also if don't use this block then it will not apply any default settings.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can configure for REST COnnector  in Connection JSON

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/REST-v23x/page/Content/Developers-Handbook.htm

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.