Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

How to allow others to manage service accounts

wmcclun
New Contributor
New Contributor

As an admin, I can see/manage all service accounts.  However, in our environment, we have technical project managers, who in our previous system would request for updates to existing service accounts.  Those technical project managers are not the owners of the service accounts, but have the need to be able to request modifications to them.  Is there a way to allow this access without making the PM an owner of the service accounts?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @wmcclun ,

Greetings.

Are you looking for a way to have PMs modify service accounts in Saviynt end?? Can you elaborate on what modifications are you mentioning about.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

You are correct.  I'm looking for a way to have PMs modify service accounts in EIC.  The problem is that they are not owners of the service accounts and are not admins, so they cannot find the service accounts to modify.  

So, the intent would be for the PMs to be able to click 'Manage Service Accounts', allowing them to find existing service accounts to modify (whether they are the owners of the accounts or not).   

@wmcclun : Currently this is not feasible until unless you add respective person as owner either directly or part of user group which is added as owner of the service account.

Also there is an IDEA# EIC-I-3922 to enhance this feature which is accepted.

You can refer forum: https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/modify-existing-service-account-sav-role-permissio... where similar use case is discussed.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

@wmcclun , unfortunately this is not possible as per the product design at this point. As @Saathvik mentioned, the idea has been accepted for similar use case.

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This is not supported currently.

rushikeshvartak_0-1700200939428.png

https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-3922

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.