Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Handling accented values in registration form

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Use case is to be able to capture a user's firstname and lastname in the user registration form and to normalize and propagate to different attributes within the identity.

The original firstname would end up in a customproperty while the normalized value would end up in firstname, stripped of all accents and other inappropriate characters.  A similar logic would apply to lastname.

What is the optimal way to handle this from EIC?

version 23.3

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can map customproperty in users column in user register form dynamic attribute also you can create hidden attribute and map in actual attribute ( first name) . You can normalize using sql query

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I managed to get the simple part set up where the form's fields go to my customproperty.

I am stuck with the normalization.  Would you have a simple sql statement that would allow to normalize the values?  Earlier experimentation yielded something absolutely horrendous involving nearly 40 nested replace() statements.  I (and the client) would greatly appreciate something a tad more elegant.

Thanks again!

François

Give me some sample data 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Let's say: firstname: Étienne, lastname: L'espérance

Expected end result would be "Etienne" and "L'esperance"

Thanks again!

François

Check if below helps

https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/210552/remove-all-special-characters-without-removing-accent...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi,

I don't think it would work, as I would like to replace all accented characters by their non-accented value, whereas regexp replace would replace all characters matching the pattern with a single value

Also, not sure if I am doing anything wrong but calls to this routine are denied on my test tenant: "Error : execute command denied to user '[user]' for routine 'saviyntazure.REGEXP_REPLACE'"

Thanks!

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Looked left and right and had to resort to using nested replace statements.  I still don't like it but it seems to work...