Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Enterprise Role Email from ARS

ewalton
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello, I could use a little guidance with emails and ARS. 

Scenario: I log into ARS and request access to an enterprise role for another user. Once the role is approved a task is created to provision the entitlement. I would Saviynt to send an email to the user I requested the role once the role has been approved.

Can you provide instructions on how to do this? I am using the task complete email template in the workflow. Is this correct? If so do I address the user email with ${users?.email} ?

Thank you in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Yes 

rushikeshvartak_0-1706898403511.png

use ${user.email}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thank you! This works, I appreciate your help. How / where would I go to place a condition so that only tasks for roles are sent emails? I do not wish to send an email for every completed task. Just ones for roles. I am not sure where to place a condition or what it looks like. If you could provide an example it would be very appreciated. 

Thank you!

<%if (!rolename.equalsIgnoreCase('Rushi')) print "" else print "${user.email},${requestor.email}" %>

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thank you so much for your help!

I am confused as to where to place this:
<%if (!rolename.equalsIgnoreCase('Rushi')) print "" else print "${user.email},${requestor.email}" %>

I don't want to send any emails for task completions with the exception of when someone requests enterprise role "ABC" or enterprise role "XYZ". Can you update your answer with this new information please? I am not familiar enough with the syntax or where this should go. 

<%if (!rolename.equalsIgnoreCase('ABC') || !rolename.equalsIgnoreCase('XYZ')) print "" else print "${user.email},${requestor.email}" %>

this will send email to user and requestor when role name is abc and xyz

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Thank you for you response and supplying me with the information! In your latest example will the email send if either condition is met or is it only sending the email if both conditions are met? Thank you in advance for your help!

|| means either 

&& means both 

in above conditions either condition can satisfy 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Thank you so much for your help!