Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Email is not getting triggered for service account owner

Neeharika008
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Team,

We have configured the New Service Account Owner Notification in Global config and trying to transfer the ownership through user update rule.

Here is the email template:

<div>Hi ${firstname} ${lastname},</div><div><br></div><div>You have been added as an owner.</div>

To as : ${emailid}

Owner is getting updated but email is not getting triggerd. Could someone help me on this.

19 REPLIES 19

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

To as : ${emailid} is not correct variable.

Please validate supported variables.

Purpose :

To get what variables are present to use in the email template.

Email Template steps :

keep Advanced HTML CSS flag is checked

Keep your email Address in TO

TO /CC/BCC & Subject - Don't use any dynamic variables

Add only below code in Email Body
${this.binding.variables.each {RVkey,RVvalue -> println "$RVkey ------- $RVvalue" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Output : using the below expression. By putting it in the email body, it will print all variable names with values, and then accordingly, you can use it:

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi,

I have added my mail address in to TO and added this as body ${this.binding.variables.each {RVkey,RVvalue -> println "$RVkey ------- $RVvalue" + "" + "br" + ">"}}.. Attached this email template into Global config and updating the owners of service account . Email is not getting triggering.

Share screenshot of email template

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Here is the SS 

Neeharika008_1-1726589562909.png

I am hopping your TO & CC is end user email if yes share logs 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi,

Seen the logs. No information about this email template in the logs

Click on edit mode and share screenshot

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Provided the edited mode:

Neeharika008_1-1726590361566.png

try below code 

rushikeshvartak_0-1726590462389.png

${this.binding.variables.collect { RVK, RVV -> "$RVK: $RVV" }.join('<br>')}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

No luck, It didnt triggered

${owner}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Where I have to provide this owner-?

in Email TO field. 

How are you validating email template ? via ARS / Admin - Accounts ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Via UI-- Admin-Accounts. Even tested via ARS no luck

Via UI-- Admin-Accounts - I have validated it does not trigger 

• Validate via user update rule ownership transfer

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

When I tried with user update rule as the global config template is not getting triggered, but when I attach the mail template to the userupdate rule it is triggering

Neeharika008
New Contributor
New Contributor

How to test this email template through UI can I update owner and trigger the mail or I have to update owner through rules?

Neeharika008
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, ${emailid}  -- This is what it was there in documentation for the New Service Account Owner Notification in Global config 

@Neeharika008
Add this value to the email template, use that email template in the below, and trigger the email.

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 10.41.17 AM.png

TO :
Hardcode your Email address.
CC/BCC & Subject:
Don't use dynamic variables.

Add only below code in Email Body:

${this.binding.variables.each {STkey, STvalue -> println "<div style='margin-left:20px;'><strong>$STkey</strong>: $STvalue</div><br>"}}

Best Regards,
Sam Talluri
If you find this a helpful response, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.