Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Deleting Sav user identities

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I'm sure this is a common thing but I couldn't find much in the community about it. In our Dev environment, it's easy to make a mistake when we're being exploratory with integrations. We have accidentally imported additional users into our Dev environment which are not real identities. Is there any way to delete these users? I know there is not really an obvious way to do so. The only thing I can think of to do is to use the PII Erasure policy to scramble these users and remove their data. I'd like to remove them because it's literally over 10,000 accounts and it's messy in the environment.

4 REPLIES 4

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @BrandonLucas_BF ,

It's not possible to delete the records you've previously imported into saviynt from the DB. One way you can remove those by reverting back to old DB snapshot but reverting to old DB snapshot means not just the users but any other data imported or requests raised etc, would be gone as well.

Other option would be, you can disable the non-required imported identities and mark their usernames with a keyword so that no one can use them.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution to help other who may have a same problem. Give Kudos 🙂

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I'm assuming DB snapshot restore requires the help of support? I don't think they keep more than 7 days of Dev backups.

yes it would need help from the support. Check with them if the snapshot is available for the date that you are looking.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Diptansu11
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

How to do this: 

Mark their usernames with a keyword so that no one can use them.

we have use case where we want to append some DELETED_{EXISTING USERNAME} for 500+ users. Please tell me a way for it