Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Daylight Saving Time and job schedules - Helpful Hint

MattM
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Here's something I wish my implementation partner had known that I've just figured out with the latest time change. For obvious reasons, UTC is the default time zone for scheduled jobs and analytics. If you live in a place that observes Daylight Saving Time, leaving it set to UTC leads to pain when the clocks change.

Some digging in the documentation and settings led me to this discovery. In Global Configurations, Preferences, there's a setting called Time Zone for Jobs. As noted above, it defaults to UTC. But you can change that to the appropriate time zone (in my case, US/Eastern):

MattM_0-1710084054865.png

Note that it doesn't say EST or EDT, just Eastern. Once you make the change, it asks for a service restart although it did change the schedules before the restart happened. You'll then need to reschedule any jobs (in my case I did it during EST, so I had to adjust them all by 5 hours). After that, though, time change isn't a problem. I logged in after time change to check, and everything is still scheduled perfectly, both jobs AND analytics.

For the record, we're on 24.2, but this setting was there at least as far back as 2021.0.

Hope this helps somebody avoid spending part of a Sunday rescheduling all their jobs like happened to me with my first time change after go live.

1 REPLY 1

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

This setting is only to show timings on UI but actual times of jobs are always in UTC

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.