Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Dashboards

Kavyasree
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi All,

Currently, we are working on requirements for creating Dashboards. One of the dashboard has to show number of users onboarded each month. So, we have created on for 2023, but the dashboard is not sorting the Month properly even when we group by Month. Can someone please guide on how to resolve this?

Kavyasree_0-1704453217984.png

12 REPLIES 12

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Please share the query and config done in dahsboard?

Are you using the analytics key in query?

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

@Manu269 Below is the query I am trying with.  yeah I am using Analytics key in the Dashboard query like {"analyticsConfig":"568","fieldToGroup":"MONTH"}

Select username,employeetype,YEAR(CREATEDATE) AS YEAR,MONTHNAME(CREATEDATE) as MONTH from users where DATE_FORMAT(CREATEDATE, "%Y-%m-%d") >= '2023-01-01' and DATE_FORMAT(CREATEDATE, "%Y-%m-%d") < '2024-12-31'. 

This is the query I am using

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

We also had same issue we prefix with year in query 

rushikeshvartak_0-1704471376508.png

concat(year(createdate),'-', MONTHNAME(createdate))

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Thank you @rushikeshvartak . I will try with the suggested query. If possible, Can you please provide complete query you are using. 

I have updated the query as per the comment, but it is not coming in the sorting order as well.
Select username,employeetype,YEAR(CREATEDATE) AS YEAR,concat(year(createdate),'-', MONTHNAME(createdate)) as MONTH from users where DATE_FORMAT(CREATEDATE, "%Y-%m-%d") >= '2023-01-01' and DATE_FORMAT(CREATEDATE, "%Y-%m-%d") < '2023-05-01'

Please let me know if I am doing it incorrectly.

Select concat(year(createdate),'-', MONTHNAME(createdate)) as MONTH,username,employeetype,YEAR(CREATEDATE) AS YEAR from users where DATE_FORMAT(CREATEDATE, "%Y-%m-%d") >= '2023-01-01' and DATE_FORMAT(CREATEDATE, "%Y-%m-%d") < '2023-05-01' order by MONTH

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

I have tried the same already but still november is coming first. And also it is kind of all jumbled with years and bar chart is not expandable.

Kavyasree_0-1704799050248.png

If months are more it get jumbled please use max 5 records and already idea ticket in place for same

https://ideas.saviynt.com/ideas/EIC-I-2422

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Thank you Rushikesh for the response. I have limit only 4 months and then also, it is showing April month in first. This is the same initial issue we had.

Kavyasree_0-1704970055561.png

Select concat(MONTH(createdate),'-', MONTHNAME(createdate)) as MONTH,username,employeetype,YEAR(CREATEDATE) AS YEAR from users where DATE_FORMAT(CREATEDATE, "%Y-%m-%d") >= '2023-01-01' and DATE_FORMAT(CREATEDATE, "%Y-%m-%d") < '2023-05-01' order by MONTH

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

We have tried ordering by the month before using the  Concat as well. But unfortunately this is  also not working coming in sorting order

Kavyasree_1-1705048365670.png

Share current query

try with year

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak