Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

CyberArk vault configuration issue

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Vajra w.r.t your post Solved: Cyberark vault for AD throwing the below error - Saviynt Forums - 39161

You mentioned, after increasing the cyberark token expiry time, the issue was resolved. i have few questions / clarification to seek on this 

1. Are you also using this CyberArk logon api "PasswordVault/API/auth/Cyberark/Logon" for getting session toekn?

2. when you make this call from postman, does it work perfectly fine but in Saviynt you were getting token expiry issue?

i am getting the same kind of error with logon api and kind of stuck with this. Require your assistance on above questions.

11 REPLIES 11

Vajra
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Check with CyberArk to provide you the write account id , and increase the expiry time on Cyberark side as well for the logon API. There can be multiple account ids you can provide them as comma seperated

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Thanks @Vajra for quick revert. What's the "write" account id? do you mean the account id must have the permissions to modify password in Vault?

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Vajra - can you please confirm this as well?

1) Are you using this CyberArk logon api "PasswordVault/API/auth/Cyberark/Logon" for getting session token? this api is available in public domain so you can confirm on this.

2) which authorization type you are using to setup this api in Saviynt? is it basic or Oauth 2.0 or any other auth type? in other way, the userid/password you configure in CyberArk vault connector is a simple CyberArk api service account & password OR you generate a client id/secrete in CyberArk identity after registering Saviynt into CyberArk identity?

thanks for your help.

Regards

Gaurav

Vajra
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

1) Are you using this CyberArk logon api "PasswordVault/API/auth/Cyberark/Logon" for getting session token? this api is available in public domain so you can confirm on this.

YES

the userid/password you configure in CyberArk vault connector is a simple CyberArk api service account & password -We are using this

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Thanks @Vajra for confirmation. At least, this clears my doubt that CyberArk logon api's are not setup using OAuth 2.0 authorization and its working with a normal CyberArk service account for API's. Thanks for your help on this.

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Vajra Any clues on how to add/remove users to an LDAP/AD group? don't see any details on LDAP/AD guide related to this 

Configuring the Integration for Provisioning and Deprovisioning Accounts (saviyntcloud.com)

Any idea?

Vajra
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Doesnt need any additional config in newer versions. if not add the connection config  on the endpoint 

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Ok. But in Saviynt where to define those LDAP groups where user needs access? I want users to select LDAP groups while requesting access and the same should be provisioned after approval.  but i don't see any such config in documentation so confused How it actually works in Saviynt? can you share some steps to achieve this usecase?

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Vajra 

1) whats the significance of attached screen shot while configuring Vault connector in any other connector type? documentation is very confusing so if you have any idea please throw some light

2) what should be the value of "Vault Config"? is it correct "/${accountID}/Password/Retrieve" or there is more to it?

3) Save Credential Vault checkbox - i dont think we can save anything in vault from Saviynt so this checkbox must be unchecked only right?

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Vajra i am still struggling with CyberArk vault connector.

i have checked with CyberArk vendor and confirmed that token expiry time is several hours so that could not be the issue.

whats currently happening is the LOGON api is giving 401 error which means authentication issue but the LOGON api is working fine with same credentials in POSTMAN.

secondly, the password retrieval api in CyberArk expects a mandatory parameter "Reason" to pull password from vault but there is no way in Saviynt to configure this additional parameter.

Please help.

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Vajra we queried the CyberArk vendor and found that token expiry time is several hours. So that might not be the issue right? can you put some more light on this when you have few minutes. thanks for your assistance.

Also, look at the other posts i have tagged you on if any info. appreciate your help. thanks