Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Customer attribute while creating user via ARS

JB
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Team,

We are facing issue with customer (Organization) attribute while creating user via ARS Page.

We are populating 2 different dynamic attributes based on the selection who is submitting the request. If IGA Admin is submitting the request we need to populate all vendor details and if Vendor is submitting the request only respective vendor name should be populated. We have created 2 dynamic attributes, one will populate all vendors names and other will populate Requester vendor name. First we tried by mapping this 2 attributes with customer but Organization  is not getting updated in user profile since we mapped same user column for 2 dynamic attributes (even though one will be blank at a time).

So we have created one more dynamic attribute which will fetch the value from those 2 dynamic attributes. Value is populating in 3rd dynamic attribute as expected and we can see it in ARS page and also in logs, But somehow its not getting reflected in request history and once user is created. If we are mapping 3rd attribute with any of the custom property its working and we can see in user profile cp.

Select query we have used is below

Select distinct CASE WHEN ${submittedbywhom} = 'Vendor Manager' THEN ${requestervendor} WHEN ${submittedbywhom} = 'IGA Admin' THEN ${completevendorlist} ELSE 'NA' END AS ID from users

Submittedby à Dynamic attribute which will tell who is submitting the request

Requestervendor à Vendor name of requester

Completevendorlist à Full vendor list populating when IGA Admin submit the request

Could you please help us to understand what we are missing ? or this is Saviynt behavior ?

Regards,

JB

7 REPLIES 7

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @JB 

Thanks for reaching out. If I understand correctly, you are trying to map the DA value to the organization attribute from the Create User page and it is failing to update the value once the user gets created.

Are you mapping the organization name or key from the dynamic attribute? if it's the name, please try mapping the organization key and let me know if it works.

JB
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello @saikanumuri 

Yes, That's correct. We are creating user from ARS page and populating Organization value using query. We have mapped this attribute with customer column.

Attribute Type : Single Select from SQL Query

Values : select distinct customerkey as ID from customer where customername=${finalouvalue}

User Column : customer

Parent Attribute: finalouvalue

Values are populating in ARS screen as expected but its not populating in user profile. In logs also we can see its not mapped with customer/Organization key.

JB_0-1694081544823.pngJB_1-1694081575039.png

@naveenss  We are using Admin Savrole only and in Savrole organization value selected as All

Regards,

JB

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @JB are you creating the users by mapping the org using a custom SAV role?

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

JB
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@naveenss  Thanks for the response.
We are creating users and assigning Savrole but org mapping is not controlled  by Savroles. 
Could you please let me know how we can map using Savroles ? So I can try that as well.

We are showing in ARS screen all available organization and customer has to select it. We have mapped that dynamic attribute with customer attribute.

Regards,

JB

JB
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Team,

Anyone facing similar issue in updating Organization attribute ?

Regards,

JB

saikanumuri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @JB ,

As mentioned in my previous post, Mapping the organization key to the customer column should work. I have validated this behavior in the internal instance and it's working as expected.

I have attached the recording for your reference. Please let me know if you still face any issues.

JB
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello @saikanumuri 

Thanks for the assistance. As discussed we have made the changes and its working now, We will keep monitoring for few days and will update here if any further issue found.  Issue was with "Mapping" and its expecting in lower cases like "mapping".

Regards,

JB