Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Create task when the organization data updated for a user

Subash
New Contributor
New Contributor

Users table don't have the organization data he belongs to. So we cannot able to generate task using the user update rule when the user's organization got updated.

how to create task when user's organization data is updated?

9 REPLIES 9

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use users Customproperty [use preprocessor] when users organization is updated then you can use user update rule

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi,

Where should i use the preprocessor?

During data import from trusted source

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Subash
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the information!

I will try this out.

Subash
New Contributor
New Contributor

Could you please validate the below query. I tried to update customproperty field for all the users. Is it the right way to provide the dynamic value for username (username=$u.username).

Select c.customername as OrganizationName from customer c where c.customerkey IN (select cu.customerkey from customer_users cu where userkey IN (select u.userkey from users u where username=$u.username))

Subash
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi 

Can i use (username=$loggedInUser.id) instead of the (username=$u.username) to pick the usernames dynamically.

where are you trying to use above query ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Subash
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am creating an attribute in global configurations and using this query there.

Subash_1-1663823804737.png

The supported binding variables are ${requestor} ,${requestee}, $(loggedInUser), and the user objects are exposed (for example: $(user.id))

You should use ${user.username}

Refer : https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000663622-onboarding-users-using-access-r... 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak