Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Create AD groups dynamically

RoniYla
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

im am trying to modify the objectAndPermission.gsp file so that the AD groups selected would be dynamically either based on the requestors own GroupDN that we have imported from AD to the users customproperties.

For example <option value="${requestor?.customproperty1}" ${rolesInstance?.customproperty24=='${requestor?.customproperty1}'?'selected':''} >${requestor?.customproperty1}</option>

Are these dynamic attributes possible to use in the .gsp file?

Or is it possible to include an SQL query in the form to get the values from the endpoint we are trying to create groups to as a baseDN?

Is this possible as I am unable to get any values to show in the create group form.

best regards,

Roni

2 REPLIES 2

pruthvi_t
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @RoniYla ,

Greetings.

Please check the below post where we have provided the steps to have the application name display in the create AD group form. Is it something you're looking at. If not, can you please elaborate on what you're trying to achieve and if you're referring to any guide or document to make changes to gsp.

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/create-ad-groups-in-different-ous-naming-of-the-se...

Thanks,

Regards,
Pruthvi

RoniYla
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

so I have mapped the groupImportMapping with the three different OU's and they can be selected in the "Create AD groups" form.

But if I wanted to get for example 50 different OU's selectable. Do I have to add them in the groupImportMapping separately or is there a way to get them dynamically from Saviynt by editing objectAndPermission.gss file?

Is it possible do to execute a SQL query in the .gsp file that would give me a list of OU's that have been imported into the entitlement_attributes table?

Or is it possible to config the groupImportMapping so that we wouldn't have to manually add a new OU in the config?

br,

Roni