Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Campaign owners and consultee cannot be same?

Mareetta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We are seeing that certifiers are not able to view users to consult from the consult option under campaign. Apparently, the consult query has the usernames of all those who are under campaign owners. Even with the advance config is OFF under the user list when I search for the users who are the campaign owners it is not giving the result. Can campaign owners and consultees not be the same?

9 REPLIES 9

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Mareetta ,

Each type of reviewer reviews a different subset of access-related data from a specific point of view.

Campaign Owner An owner with absolute rights over the campaign and its entailed certifications. Campaign owners can take actions on the campaign and certifications, export, discontinue, reconfigure, and lock the campaign.

Consultee A consultee can provide suggestions in the form of actions to the certifier who can initiate an action on the line-item. The consultee is provided the rights to review the consulted item only within the same certification.

Regards,
Dhruv Sharma
If this reply answered your question, please accept it as Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

Mareetta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Dhruv, 

Thank you, I understand the terminologies.

What I am asking is whether campaign owners and consultees not be the same? the consult query we are having has the usernames of all those who are under campaign owners. (certifiers should only consult with the campaign owners)  Even with the advanced config is OFF under the user list when I search for the users who are the campaign owners it is not giving the result. 
I don't recall seeing this issue in lower versions.

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Mareetta , Campaign owners have absolute privileges over the entire campaign and consultees have limited privileges. Hence campaign owners should not be appearing in consultees. However, whether campaign owners should appear in the consult list as per the product we will check and let you know.

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Can you share the consult query you have used for the campaign? also can you confirm if the 'Show consult' option is enabled under the policy settings? 

what happens if you just change the consult query to any managers? for ex: Select u from Users u where u.id in (select distinct(manager) from Users)

Mareetta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Shiva,

consult query which we are using works, just that if we add someone who is part of the campaign owner is specified nothing shows.

Hi @Dhruv_S 

Please check and confirm. We are on 23.6

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Mareetta , 

Campaign Owner cannot be made a part of the consultee list. By Default, campaign owner has complete access to the campaign. This is the expected behavior.

Regards,
Dhruv Sharma
If this reply answered your question, please accept it as Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

Mareetta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @Dhruv_S , 

Why is this restriction? We need certifiers to only consult with the campaign owners. Is this not a valid use case?

Mareetta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III
Hi @Dhruv_S 
I can confirm this was not the behavior in 5.5. Is there a reason for this change in EIC?

As confirmed by product team its expected behavior if it requires business enhancement please submit idea ticket

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.