Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Best practice for Entitlement Management

ShantanuKumar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I would like to know the best practice for Entitlement management: Owner management or create or update entitlement along with Owner management. 

We might have 100+ Apps onboarded and each of them might have many entitlement for each end point. I am going to list down the solution and please help me with conformation or I missed anything.

1. The member management of the entitlement would be done by ARS module or import process if Target can share the data Account Entitlement membership.

2.  We can create a SAV role for specific to each endpoint and let the App owner manage creation or update the Entitlement. Please confirm if this the ideal way to manage entitlement?

3. Each App should expose the entitlement data along with owner information and Saviynt can consume based on the connector type and update through import jobs. But not every Application ready to expose the data.

4. Get a file from App team with entitlement data and import them.

5. Is there a way we can create just 1 form which might display the App names and respective entitlements, user can select the entitlement and request for ownership update?

Also which is the best way to manage ownership of a entitlement? Please mention if anything else is missing.

1 REPLY 1

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

1. The member management of the entitlement would be done by ARS module or import process if Target can share the data Account Entitlement membership. From account - Action import from Admin Module.

2.  We can create a SAV role for specific to each endpoint and let the App owner manage creation or update the Entitlement. Please confirm if this the ideal way to manage entitlement? - Yes

3. Each App should expose the entitlement data along with owner information and Saviynt can consume based on the connector type and update through import jobs. But not every Application ready to expose the data. - This is non PII information and app team should share it

4. Get a file from App team with entitlement data and import them. - Correct

5. Is there a way we can create just 1 form which might display the App names and respective entitlements, user can select the entitlement and request for ownership update? - You can create analytics report to show information but we can't create form

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.