Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Atlassian Suite (Jira/Confluence) - Creation of projects/spaces via Saviynt Self Service

Alex
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,
we want to integrate the Atlassian suite into our env. Additionally to fully replace their current used solution, we also want to create projects/spaces directly in the target system.
Is this supported by Saviynt and was this already done by someone?

Thanks
Alex

4 REPLIES 4

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @Alex 

You can try referring to the below documentation in Saviynt.

armaanzahir_0-1700664730539.png

Supported Features (saviyntcloud.com)

As per documentation, you might be able to import the entitlements of projects and spaces.

However, support for provisioning is only addition/removal from spaces. 

IGA also, as per doc, won't support creation of spaces/projects for the OOTB connector.

Since the connection interface is REST based, you can try exploring the API documentation of Atlassian and utilize a rest connector to acheive the use cases supported by their REST API's

REST APIs (atlassian.com)

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir

Alex
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @armaanzahir,
first of all thanks for your response. That's the same information that I also gathered and you also confirming my assumption, that this is only possible via the generic rest connector.

I have already checked the API docu of Atlassian and there are indeed options to create and modify projects and spaces via REST. The only uncertein thing on my end is, how this can be made as a self-service request on Saviynt side.

Therefore I only see two possible options:
1. Via create entitlement - which is not really a good end-user experience
2. Via request access for an applications, but therefore I cannot tell, if this is technical even possible. Potentially via a separate endpoint and connection. 

Best regards
Alex

I don’t see this can be achieved , even though if you use entitlement management features , how will you trigger task in target ?

in case of separate endpoints, you may need to have dummy account which can be used to perform this operation which is not the good design

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Alex
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,
completely agree on this one. It would be possible, but that is not intended how the tool should be used. This still should be within the target applications responsibility. 
So totally fine with the statement and the thread can be closed.

Best regards!