Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Analytics SQL Query Allowing IN instead of = for dynamic attribute

sjordheim23
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello, is it possible to use an "in" instead of "=" in a SQL query where you provide a dynamic attribute for users to populate when running the report?

Essentially trying to get entitlement history for a user (currently), but would like to allow users to input a string of users instead of a single string value.

Analytics query below:

select X.*, r.displayname as 'Assigned from Role' from ( select ar.assignedfromrole, ar.taskkey as 'TASK KEY', u.username as 'USERNAME', case when ifnull(u.statuskey, 0) = 1 then 'ACTIVE' else 'INACTIVE' end 'USER STATUS', case when ar.tasktype=1 then 'ADDACCESS' when ar.tasktype=2 then 'REMOVEACCESS' end 'TASK TYPE', case when ar.status =3 then 'COMPLETE' when ar.status=2 then 'INPROGRESS' when ar.status=1 then 'NEW' when ar.status=4 then 'DISCONTINUE' when ar.status=5 then 'PENDINGCREATE' when ar.status=6 then 'PENDINGPROVSION' when ar.status=9 then 'NOACTIONREQUIRED' else 'FAILED' end 'TASK STATUS', ar.accountname as 'ACCOUNT NAME', e.displayname as 'ENDPOINT NAME', ev.entitlement_value as 'ENTITLEMENT NAME', ar.updatedate as 'PROVISION DATE', ar.TASKDATE as 'TASKDATE' from arstasks ar, users u, entitlement_values ev, endpoints e where ar.userkey=u.userkey and ar.entitlement_valuekey=ev.entitlement_valuekey and ar.endpoint=e.endpointkey and u.username='${username}' )X left join roles r on X.assignedfromrole=r.rolekey order by X.TASKDATE

10 REPLIES 10

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

select X.*, r.displayname as 'Assigned from Role' from ( select ar.assignedfromrole, ar.taskkey as 'TASK KEY', u.username as 'USERNAME', case when ifnull(u.statuskey, 0) = 1 then 'ACTIVE' else 'INACTIVE' end 'USER STATUS', case when ar.tasktype=1 then 'ADDACCESS' when ar.tasktype=2 then 'REMOVEACCESS' end 'TASK TYPE', case when ar.status =3 then 'COMPLETE' when ar.status=2 then 'INPROGRESS' when ar.status=1 then 'NEW' when ar.status=4 then 'DISCONTINUE' when ar.status=5 then 'PENDINGCREATE' when ar.status=6 then 'PENDINGPROVSION' when ar.status=9 then 'NOACTIONREQUIRED' else 'FAILED' end 'TASK STATUS', ar.accountname as 'ACCOUNT NAME', e.displayname as 'ENDPOINT NAME', ev.entitlement_value as 'ENTITLEMENT NAME', ar.updatedate as 'PROVISION DATE', ar.TASKDATE as 'TASKDATE' from arstasks ar, users u, entitlement_values ev, endpoints e where ar.userkey=u.userkey and ar.entitlement_valuekey=ev.entitlement_valuekey and ar.endpoint=e.endpointkey and u.username='${Input_Multiple_Usernames.replace(",","','")}' )X left join roles r on X.assignedfromrole=r.rolekey order by X.TASKDATE

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

It doesn't seem like Analytics likes that .replace function in the variable call. (From what I can tell.) Is there any documentation that you know of where Saviynt mentions supporting multi-input for a variable? I'm not even sure how to go about troubleshooting that with what I've found so far unfortunately.

Edit: This is the error returned:
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: Input_Multiple_Usernames for class: SimpleTemplateScript157 at SimpleTemplateScript157.run(SimpleTemplateScript157.groovy:1) at com.saviynt.ecm.analytics.AnalyticsController$_closure19.doCall(AnalyticsController.groovy:1827) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.filter.GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(GrailsAnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:53) at com.saviynt.webservice.SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(SaviyntRestAuthenticationFilter.groovy:155) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.authentication.logout.MutableLogoutFilter.doFilter(MutableLogoutFilter.java:62) at grails.plugin.springsecurity.web.SecurityRequestHolderFilter.doFilter(SecurityRequestHolderFilter.java:59) at com.mrhaki.grails.plugin.xframeoptions.web.XFrameOptionsFilter.doFilterInternal(XFrameOptionsFilter.java:69) at com.brandseye.cors.CorsFilter.doFilter(CorsFilter.java:82) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

Does your report is runtime ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Building mine currently as a SQL Query. Should it be runtime instead?

Yes it should be runtime analytics 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Using Runtime Analytics instead of SQL Query, I get similar errors. Combination of what I mentioned above on not finding that property and:Screenshot 2024-01-29 160102.png

An Internal Error occurred. Please check supported special characters next to query field in (i) icon and remove the unsupported characters.

Here is a copy of the Runtime report configuration:Screenshot 2024-01-29 160403.png

Create analytics without replace functions and then update

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Was able to successfully create a runtime report with the query you originally provided, but was not able to add the replace function into the query and update the report. It continued to reject it with the unsupported special characters in query error.

I can replicate issue. 

You can export report and reimport that is working.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak