Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Coarse Matching Filter with null value handling

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team,

I'm working on implementing a coarse matching filter for the DIM, where I need to compare users based on 3 attributes: firstname, lastname and phonenumber.

Comparison should follow the below rules:
1. If both users have values for all 3 attributes, compare all attributes. If all attributes match, identify them as duplicates.
2. If any attribute for either user is null, compare only the non-null attributes. If all attributes are null, ignore them.

I have developed a filter query for this purpose, but with that query duplicate identity detection job failed with an error "Maximum statement execution time exceed". Unfortunately, I'm unable to validate this in the data analyzer due to query execution timeouts exceeding 10 seconds. Even in analytics, I'm unable to retrieve any records with this query.

Coarse Matching Filter:
((t1.firstname = t2.firstname OR t1.firstname IS NULL OR t2.firstname IS NULL) AND
(t1.lastname = t2.lastname OR t1.lastname IS NULL OR t2.lastname IS NULL) AND
(t1.phonenumber = t2.phonenumber OR t1.phonenumber IS NULL OR t2.phonenumber IS NULL)) AND
((t1.firstname IS NOT NULL AND t2.firstname IS NOT NULL) OR
(t1.lastname IS NOT NULL AND t2.lastname IS NOT NULL) OR
(t1.phonenumber IS NOT NULL AND t2.phonenumber IS NOT NULL)) AND
(t1.USERKEY <> t2.USERKEY) AND (t1.STATUSKEY=1) AND (t2.STATUSKEY=1)

I would appreciate any assistance in achieving this use case.

6 REPLIES 6

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @gokul ,

Did you try with the only one rule and check if it is working?

Thanks

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @sudeshjaiswal 
Yes, with one rule it is working fine but that doesn't satisfy our usecase.

Regards!

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @gokul,

So, till how many rules its is working fine ? and what do you see in the logs when its get timeout?.

Thanks

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@sudeshjaiswal 
I slightly modified the query with 2 rules it is working fine
((t1.firstname = t2.firstname AND t1.lastname = t2.lastname AND t1.phonenumber = t2.phonenumber) OR
(t1.phonenumber IS NULL AND t2.phonenumber IS NULL AND t1.firstname = t2.firstname AND t1.lastname = t2.lastname)) AND 

But when I add the 3rd rule that job is failed with the error stats 'maximum statement execution time exceeded'
((t1.firstname = t2.firstname AND t1.lastname = t2.lastname AND t1.phonenumber = t2.phonenumber) OR
(t1.phonenumber IS NULL AND t2.phonenumber IS NULL AND t1.firstname = t2.firstname AND t1.lastname = t2.lastname) OR
((t1.lastname IS NULL OR t2.lastname IS NULL) AND t1.firstname = t2.firstname AND t1.phonenumber = t2.phonenumber)) AND 

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @gokul,

What is the max time you have configured.

Thanks.

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @sudeshjaiswal 
I removed my timeout configuration, so it will revert to the default setting of 2 hours.