Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Admin account termination

Ankky
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello, 

Requirement: We need to allow users to use their AD's adm account to login to Saviynt via SSO and assign admin permissions to such identities only. If the same user logs in to Saviynt with his/her regular account then it should show up the end user view. The authoritative source contains only normal accounts and the adm accounts are to be created manually via Saviynt on the need basis.

To achieve the above requirement, we are planning to create 2 identities for such users in Saviynt which will have corresponding AD account correlated. However, there is one more requirement, which is to terminate the admin account when user's normal account is terminated in authoritative source. We can configure an analytics with query to identify such accounts and trigger termination on admin account but it won't be instantaneous. Any suggestions on how we can make it seamless?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Ankky 

We are looking into this and will keep you posted.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Ankky
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks @Dhruv_S! Really appreciated it. 

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can store admin user’s username in normal user’s customproperty. 
whenever normal user is getting terminated you can also fetch admin account & user to be disabled using advanced query in user update rule

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thanks @rushikeshvartak!

Could you please help me understand - how can I disable both the user identities in the same user update rule? To terminate the user, I will select Disable user action but this action will only be applicable to the normal user, right? An example would be really helpful.