Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

accounts table in account name rule

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi,

We are using DB connector for one of the integration. Account name rule that we have utilized uses first name and last name as the first rule and second rule evaluates to firstname and last name and digit at the end.

if a user requests the access for the first time an account will be created with firstname and lastname concatenation. now if any other users tried to submit a request it will be appended with a digit at the end.

suppose first account gets deleted, now a new users comes in and he wants to raise a request he will be assigned with the account name which is concatenation of first name and last name but what we want is continue the digit series for the user.

is it possible to use accounts table in account name rule? As we have to check for suspended account for this particular scenario.

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Yes you can use below configuration in account name rules 

rushikeshvartak_0-1709091882299.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

i have tried that .. but if I do that it doesn't let the user with suspended/deleted account to raise a request.

Can you share logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

what is an expected behavior when check unique account is set to "ALL"

While generating a new account name on an endpoint, based on the status of the account, Saviynt performs a uniqueness check against all the existing account names on the endpoint using the Check for the unique accounts parameter.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

see below snippet from the doc, i believe that is why i can't raise a request for same user which already have an account in deleted state.

for same users it shows an error but for other i can raise a request

NM_0-1709103861176.png

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@NM You can also try with following option :

You can set up auto-increment for the username by using the FN_EIC_SEQGEN DB function and the default dataset, SEQUENCE_GEN_MAPPING, that consists the identifier (against which the counter is stored) and id (stores the value of the counter every time the DB function is used). For more information, see .

To use this DB function for storing the counter, specify the following in the Advanced Config query field:

FN_EIC_SEQGEN('identifier')

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos