Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Uploading Entitlements using Schema Upload

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 10 2020 at 14:14 UTC

I'm trying to upload entitlements with parent/child relationship for an endpoint following the process described in the FreshDesk article "Uploading Entitlements using Schema Upload". The instructions mentions uploading the relevant files to the Import/Datafiles directory. From the v5.5.0 Release Notes it seems like functionality has been added to enable file upload to the Datafiles directory via the UI: "You can upload, download, and create files through user interface configurations folders such as Datafiles, Fail, SAV, and Success".

Is the Datafiles directory mentioned in the upload entitlements article and the v5.5 release notes the same thing?

From the menus (Admin -> Configurations -> File Directory) I can see the following:

And clicking on Datafiles shows:

There does not seem to be an option to upload files. Mu account has a SAV Role that has all "Access List" items assigned.

I can also not find any documentation that details any of the SAV Role Access List items. For example "SUBMENU.ADMIN.ecmConfig_fileDir"

Am I missing a SAV Role Access item/permission? How do I upload the CSV files for importing entitlements by schema upload?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
1 REPLY 1

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 12 2020 at 13:08 UTC

Hi Paul,

The directory structure for the schema uplaod is configured under externalconfig.properties file.

Now for the schema upload process, you can either drop the file directoy to this location usually which would be /saviynt/import/sav , /saviynt/import/datafiles or this directories can be accessed from SSM UI, which is available from 5.5.0 release.

I would suggest to get in touch with support/operations team as well for this.

Thanks

Ajay

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.