We are delighted to share our new EIC Delivery Methodology for efficiently managing Saviynt Implementations and delivering quick time to value. CLICK HERE.

Set email address in one provisioning task and then use it in the next provisioning task in the Trigger Chain?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 29 2021 at 20:59 UTC

I am going to create a Trigger Chain which will call three Provisioning Jobs in the following sequence: Provision on Active Directory (AD), Provision on Exchange, and then Provision on Zoom.

At the end of the provision on Exchange job, the user's email address will be available, and I need it in the provision on Zoom job. What should I do to get the email address and use it in the Zoom provisioning task?

Here are the steps in my 'Employee New Hire' use case:

1. Run "Import From Workday" (UserImportJob) job
  2. // At this point, the user's email address is blank.
  3. Run "Detect Imported Users" (DetectiveProvisioningRulesJob) job
  4. // This will execute the detective technical rules which would create "create account tasks" on AD, Exchange and Zoom.
  5. Run Trigger Chain Job 
  • This will run the "AddAD" (WSBlockingRetryJob), "AddExchange" (WSBlockingRetryJob) and then "AddZoom" (WSBlockingRetryJob) in sequence
  • The AddAD job will create an AD user but will not set the AD user's email and user principal name
  • The AddExchange job will determine the email address, and set the AD user's email and user principal name.
  • (Desired) Should get the AD user's email address and create an account on Zoom.

So how can I configure this? Ideally, I'll also like to update the User's email address in Saviynt UI. 

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
1 REPLY 1

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 29 2021 at 22:17 UTC

Hello Yusuf,

Based on what you have mentioned, you will have to import the data between Prov run 2 and Prov run 3 (provided the data from Exchange has been synched to AD) to populate the email address.

You cannot pass data from one provisioning job to the other and I cannot think of any other way to achieve this.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.