Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Set email address in one provisioning task and then use it in the next provisioning task in the Trigger Chain?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 29 2021 at 20:59 UTC

I am going to create a Trigger Chain which will call three Provisioning Jobs in the following sequence: Provision on Active Directory (AD), Provision on Exchange, and then Provision on Zoom.

At the end of the provision on Exchange job, the user's email address will be available, and I need it in the provision on Zoom job. What should I do to get the email address and use it in the Zoom provisioning task?

Here are the steps in my 'Employee New Hire' use case:

1. Run "Import From Workday" (UserImportJob) job
  2. // At this point, the user's email address is blank.
  3. Run "Detect Imported Users" (DetectiveProvisioningRulesJob) job
  4. // This will execute the detective technical rules which would create "create account tasks" on AD, Exchange and Zoom.
  5. Run Trigger Chain Job 
  • This will run the "AddAD" (WSBlockingRetryJob), "AddExchange" (WSBlockingRetryJob) and then "AddZoom" (WSBlockingRetryJob) in sequence
  • The AddAD job will create an AD user but will not set the AD user's email and user principal name
  • The AddExchange job will determine the email address, and set the AD user's email and user principal name.
  • (Desired) Should get the AD user's email address and create an account on Zoom.

So how can I configure this? Ideally, I'll also like to update the User's email address in Saviynt UI. 

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
1 REPLY 1

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 29 2021 at 22:17 UTC

Hello Yusuf,

Based on what you have mentioned, you will have to import the data between Prov run 2 and Prov run 3 (provided the data from Exchange has been synched to AD) to populate the email address.

You cannot pass data from one provisioning job to the other and I cannot think of any other way to achieve this.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.