Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

REST Connector - CREATED_ON and LASTLOGONDATE fields are not populated while importing accounts

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 2 2020 at 19:39 UTC

Is there any way to convert date format for account fields mapping - CREATED_ON and LASTLOGONDATE, while importing accounts?

XML Response from REST API:

<CREATION_DATE>2020-04-02T01:01:01Z</CREATION_DATE> <LAST_LOGIN_DATE>2020-04-02T01:01:01Z</LAST_LOGIN_DATE>

Mapping of these 2 fields in ImportAccountEntJSON:

"colsToPropsMap": {           "accountID": "USER_ID~#~char",           "name": "USER_LOGIN~#~char",           "status": "USER_STATUS~#~char",           "CREATED_ON": "CREATION_DATE~#~date",           "LASTLOGONDATE": "LAST_LOGIN_DATE~#~date",

I have tried 3 datatypes and it doesn't work i.e. accounts created_on field value is empty after accounts import:

1. "CREATED_ON": "CREATION_DATE~#~customDate--yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z'"

2. "CREATED_ON": "CREATION_DATE~#~char"

3. "CREATED_ON": "CREATION_DATE~#~date"

But if I just map it with any customproperty of account using char datatype, it works.

Now my requirement is to map it directly with the out-of-the-box field - create_on. Is it possible please?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 3 2020 at 11:41 UTC

Hi Ramanpreet,

You need to specify a separate attribute called globalSettings where you can provide the date format that coming in API response body as below.

"globalSettings": {

"dateFormat": "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z'"

}

SSM will now able to convert the incoming date format into consumable format i.e. "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss".

The below mapping can be used to map date type mappings in colsToPropsMap.

"CREATED_ON": "CREATION_DATE~#~date"

Also, please find the sample JSON as an attachment for reference.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 3 2020 at 12:26 UTC

Hi Khalid,

Thank you very much. It works perfectly.

Please see attached screenshot.

The only thing is in accounts its showing dates in MM-dd-yyyy format instead of dd-MM-yyyy which can be confusing for non-USA users such as in the UK. Is it possible to change the display format?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 3 2020 at 12:29 UTC

I just found out there is an option in Global configurations-> Common -> Select Date Format

I will play with it and will see it works

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 6 2020 at 11:00 UTC

So 5.5.0 have the option to select dd-MM-yyyy option and it works.

All sorted now.