Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

REST Connector AddAccessJSON: Always send full entitlements list

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 3 2021 at 12:42 UTC

I have to integrate a REST API that doesn't have calls for adding/removing a single entitlement. I always have to update the account with the full list of current entitlements.

Example 1:

User has entitlements A and B. Additionally he should receive C. I have to send user update with:

{"roles": [{"name": "A"}, {"name": "B"}, {"name": "C"}]}

Example 2:

User has entitlements A, B and C. B should be removed. I have to send user update with:

{"roles": [{"name": "A"}, {"name": "C"}]}

Is this possible to do in the AddAccessJSON?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
6 REPLIES 6

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 10 2021 at 07:25 UTC

Hi Andre, 

Thank you for posting your question, 

We have couple of questions to understand your ask, 

1. Is the entitlement an hierarchy one? 

2. What is the application your trying to connect to?

Thanks.

Belwyn.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 11 2021 at 09:59 UTC

Hi Belwyn,

Thanks for the reply. I found an example I overlooked before in the REST Connector Guide in the meantime and got it to work. Target system was Coupa and the example was actually even for Coupa. Maybe it should be moved to the Coupa Connector Guide where it is missing.

Thanks

André

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 11 2021 at 17:46 UTC

For the benefit of the folks in the community, here's the link to the documentation which has this information.

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/43000521736

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 8 2022 at 05:27 UTC

Hello André,

Can you please share your remove access json please as the same requirement i have for NetSuite. but there is no documentations in fd for the same.

Regards

Nitin

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 8 2022 at 08:59 UTC

Hi Nitin,

it was solved with multiple calls, so first getting current entitlements from target system and then accessing this list while setting the new ones. You can find it here

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000521736-rest-connector-guide#RESTConnec...

in example 3.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 8 2022 at 09:55 UTC

Hello Andre,

Thanks for your response. below is the json from the postman body wherein we need to pass all the existing entitlements assigned to the user except the one which needs to be removed as the replace method available in api accept the entitlements in below format only. 

can you please suggest how can we handle this. if possible can you please share your remove access json removing authentication details.

https://DomainName.suitetalk.api.netsuite.com/services/rest/record/v1/employee/54929?replace=roles

{

"roles": {

"items": [

{

"selectedRole": {

"id": "4"

}

},

{

"selectedRole": {

"id": "1"

}

}

]

}

}