PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

Reassign User Manager Review

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 10 2020 at 15:18 UTC

In the past, we have always run into the situation where a manager is unavailable to do a required review of user entitlements. Is there any way to reassign a managers reviews to someone else in the company? I am not seeing any way to do this from the admin side.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
6 REPLIES 6

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 11 2020 at 06:25 UTC

In this situation the Campaign Owner can step in and take the actions on the manager's certification.

FYI

In 5.5 version we have reassign option inside the certification on Step1 where the manager can reassign a user to someone else. Also we are in the process of implementing reassign on step2 (access approval step) which will be available in one of our next on coming release

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 11 2020 at 12:41 UTC

We are running 5.4.1.

None of these are very good solutions to the issue. If we have a manager out on FMLA or something like that in our previous software Sailpoint we could just assign the user's reviews to their manager. If only the campaign owner can do the review on their behalf we would have to work in tandem with another user to go through the review and fill out their answers. This seems time consuming and not very efficient.

If the manager is not available they would not be able to do Step1. Do you suggest we turn this on so that the campaign owner can reassign a user to another manager? Does this just reassign the review or actually change their manager?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 14 2020 at 05:54 UTC

Yes in 5.4.1 too you have the reassign configuration in Step1 of Usermanager campaign. The campaign owner campaign can reassign a user(s) from step1 and by keeping the "Update Users table on Does Not Work for Me action" configuration ON then once the new certifier locks the certifier the manager of the user who was reassigned will be changed to the new certifier.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 14 2020 at 15:07 UTC

I ran a test in our dev environment. I have two managers selected in the campaign and I want to reassign the users from one manager to the other manager to review. I do not want to actually change the manager of these users so I leave the option "Update Users table on Does Not Work for Me action" configuration OFF. I have the option "Enable Reassign User" turned ON which also turns on "Show Consult pop up on "Does Not Work for Me" action"

When i choose Consult on all the users or Does Not work for me, I am unable to assign them to the other manager in the review. Typing in their name brings up 0 results.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 14 2020 at 16:42 UTC

Adam,

On clicking "does not work for me" you should get a pop of users from where you can select the user to whom the step1 item has to be assigned. If you are facing an issue please raise a ticket and our field should be able to help you with it.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 24 2021 at 11:19 UTC

Is there any possibility to reassign user while launching campaign. 

I have a scenario where all users reporting to Manager1 should be reassigned to Manager2. Manager1 is not reassigning user once certification is launched for him and Manager1 should not recieve any certification related emails. This reassign should happen while lauching campaign.