Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Dynamic technical rule can be configured for multiple attribute

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 3 2021 at 06:58 UTC

Hello All,

I wanted to check if we can create dynamic rule to have multiple attributes with any strings added ?

For example : 

UPR-${user.location}-${user.customproperty1.substring(1,user.customproperty1.indexOf(||))}-${user.customproperty2.substring(1,user.customproperty2.indexOf(||))}

Like if I have 3 attributes and I have to make it dynamic rule with concat UPR- string .

Also I have to use substring from other 2 atributes as shown in above example.

Kindly help me with right syntax so that I use that as dynamic rule to trigger enterprise roles .

Thank you

Ankit Jain

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
7 REPLIES 7

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 3 2021 at 21:53 UTC

Hi Ankit,

I'm assuming that you are generating the Role Name in your dynamic logic. Here's a simple example that will assign the Role Named based on the values of the user attribute.

e.g. If the role name is Role-CHI-White-Sox and the user attributes for the target audience that matches this role are as follows

User Location : CHI

User CP1 = White

User CP2 = Sox

You can have the following under Object in the Technical Rule : Role-${user?.location}-${user?.customproperty1}-${user?.customproperty2}

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 6 2021 at 18:24 UTC

Hi Avinash, I have to use substring in attribute , something like below is my attributes : User Location : CHI||904 User CP1 = White User CP2 = Sox||critical Now I have to use value before the filter used above || . Yes it is to match the role name .

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 6 2021 at 19:07 UTC

Ankit,

You can try with something like this :

For user attributes:

User Location :  CHI||904 

User CP1 = White

User CP2 =  Sox||critical

The following logic should evaluate to : Role-CHI-White-Sox

Role-${user.location.toString().substring(0,user.location.indexOf('||'))}-${user.customproperty1}-${user.customproperty2.toString().substring(0,user.customproperty2.indexOf('||'))}

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 10 2021 at 12:32 UTC

Hi Avinash,

Sorry for late response .

I have been trying the string you provided above, when I use that ,it kept searching 

UPR-${user.orgunitid}-${user.customproperty50.toString().substring(0,user.customproperty50.indexOf('||'))}-${user.customproperty56.toString().substring(0,user.customproperty56.indexOf('||'))}

May be because it accepts number and not string ? I also tried removing toString() and tried, it got selected , but it didnt trigger the rule .

Please suggest .Thank you

Ankit

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 10 2021 at 15:36 UTC

Ankit,

I'm able to use the logic you have posted just fine.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 16 2021 at 07:08 UTC

I am able to get that selected...but rules are not triggering .

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 16 2021 at 18:54 UTC

Please check the application logs to see if there are leads that will help to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri