Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Disconnected Application: Email Notification Events on 'Task Create' Action

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 19 2020 at 10:30 UTC

Hello All,

We have requirement to trigger the notification to the disconnected application owners on creation of manual deprovisioning tasks for the 'Remove Account' and 'Remove Access'. I observed that Saviynt application does not trigger the email notification configured for action 'Task Create' on Remove account event. However for Remove account as well as Remove access we need to use the event as -> Remove Access in email templates configuration. Now with this how do we add the different email messages for completely two different events like Remove Account and Remove Access (entitlement)?

I have already checked that task type in both the cases is same that is '2' and requesttype variable is not available for the script class to use for action 'Task Create'.

2020-10-19 10:20:09,365 [https-jsse-nio-443-exec-19] ERROR services.ArsTaskService - No such property: requesttype for class: SimpleTemplateScript423

Has anyone worked on the similar requirement or faced similar issue? Appreciate any pointer on this.

Thanks,

Pallavi

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
5 REPLIES 5

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 19 2020 at 10:54 UTC

Hi Pallavi,

I would suggest to use the email templates configuration available at endpoint, from there you ca configure emails for both remove account and revoke access.

Thanks

Ajay

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 19 2020 at 11:08 UTC

Hello Ajay,

I have requirement to trigger emails on action 'Task Create' and I saw that for this email action email configured for 'Remove Account' task type is not triggered by Saviynt application. Confirmed with my testing that email which is configured for the 'Remove Access' is triggered for the task creation event of 'Remove Account' task type.

I have two different email messages to configure for these task types as these are two different actions. However Saviynt app is treating both the same as far as Task Create event is concerned.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 27 2020 at 03:49 UTC

Hi Pallavi,

Task create email for disconnected application does not trigger if tasks are generated via rule. This is as per design.

Thanks

Ajay

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 27 2020 at 10:50 UTC

Hello Ajay,

Remove Account -> Emails are not triggered even when the its request based operation.

Also if we do not trigger the email notifications on 'Task Create' events when the task is triggered from user update rule (user termination event) then how to notify the manual fulfillment team to perform the action on manual provisioning tasks?

Thanks,

Pallavi

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 3 2020 at 04:19 UTC

Hi Pallavi,

I would request you to please open a support ticket with logs. We would analyse and get back on this.

Thanks

Ajay