Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Data mapper XML Schema

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 23 2020 at 22:40 UTC

Hi,

I am looking for information on the schema for the data mapper XML file. For example all the samples I have seen do not have any text in the before-import and after-import tags. Per the tags name it suggests if I want to perform some initialization before beginning the import and any clean up after performing the import I should use these tags. However what all things I can do is not clear as there is no schema or documentation which points to the different tags which can be used.

Also in case I want to perform validation at specific attribute level, how can I have the validation performed. Same is true for the transformation for example I get the value as 'HIRED' from the source and I want to change it to 'Onboarded' in SSM how can I do these conversions.

PS: I am using user import functionality.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 24 2020 at 18:10 UTC

Hello Team,

Any inputs regarding before-import and after-import tags? How can we transform data as part of this XML based reconciliation in database connector?

Any examples will be helpful.

Regards,

Ksheetij

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 25 2020 at 09:59 UTC

Hi,

I hope the query is that you need to transform the data before importing to SSM when you are using connector?

User import - you can use modifyuserdatajson that inline preprocessor capability which can be used to transform data.

Accounts/Entitlements import : transformation capability is not available. We have some enhancements lined up, once they are available custmers would be notified.

Thanks

Ajay

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 28 2020 at 05:55 UTC

Thanks Ajay for your inputs.

Yes we had same query about data transformation.

So can you please explain what is use of tags in Database connector USERIMPORT - before-import and after-import?

Regards,

Ksheetij

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 12 2020 at 10:49 UTC

The tags are not being used now and have been removed from the DB Connector documentation.