Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Adhoc Disable and Enable of identity

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 3 2020 at 07:38 UTC

Hello Folks,

I am looking for an option to Enable and Disable the identities on an Adhoc basis(immediate termination and Enable of Identity)

I understand that currently in SSM there is an option "One click disable" for Disabling the identity, however specific to our requirement, can we use a custom option where in we can both Disable and Enable the identity through a custom tile on ARS?

Please provide any links or suggestions if anyone has done this.

Thanks in advance,

Naveen

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 3 2020 at 14:36 UTC

Hi,

If you are looking for Enable and Disable Identities on an Adhoc basis, you can look at the Update User Option by using the Tile Update User Request ( Enable Tile using the savrole). Using this, on update of an user attribute you can Disable/Enable the Access based on the User Update Rules. You can control the dynamic user attributes to be shown in User Update Request Tile under the Register User tab in Global Configurations of Admin Menu Section.

I hope this helps you.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 6 2020 at 06:21 UTC

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for the information. Yes, this option also suffice my requirement, but there is a blocker.

I want to update a custom property/Identity attribute of the user when a radio button(Enable/Disable) is selected.

In SSM, when a Dynamic attribute is updated, how can we update any user attribute before proceeding in triggering the user update Rule? like can we write a SQL query to update the attribute when the submit button of update user form is clicked?

Thank you,

Naveen

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 6 2020 at 06:57 UTC

Hi Naveen,

There is no need of a custom query , during the configuration of dynamic attributes, you can select the Dynamic attribute of type checkbox and map it to the necessary user's attribute. On Submit of the update user form, Value would be stored in the mapped custom attribute. Here is the sample checkbox dynamic configuration info.

- Thanks

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 6 2020 at 07:12 UTC

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks it helped me, the other part of my question is something related to update of One user attribute depending on the other user attribute.

Suppose in user update form, i have made UserName attribute as editable and when this field is updated, the Other dependent attribute Email ID also needs to be updated because Email = UserName@Domain.com, this i want to achieve.

I tried the option "Action" but no luck, any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Naveen