Originally posted on May 15 2020 at 14:53 UTC
- What is default action for analytics?
We have the ability to define actions to be taken on the fly when the control is run by using the keyword ‘Default_Action_For_Analytics’ in the control query
In the below sample, when the control runs, either enable account task or disable account task will be created depending on account status as fetched by the control query
Sample :selecta.name, a.accountkey as acctKey, case when a.status = 'Manually Provisioned' then 'disableAccount' else 'enableAccount' end as Default_Action_For_Analytics from accounts;
- How or where do we use default action for analytics?
Some common scenarios where we use default action for analytics are
- User off-boarding scenario where we have terminated users with active accounts, and we need to create deprovision accounts tasks for those inactive users
- User Account needs to be disabled now, but access within the account needs to remove after a certain number of days
- When user account in one endpoint is removed, then user accounts in dependent endpoints need to be removed
- Remove out of band access accounts
- Failsafe control to remove access when rule run fails
- Retrofit Rules – When rule was initially created to add an access, but modified to add more than an access, then we need to identify all users who matched the rule earlier and provision the new access to the users
- When we are required to hard delete an account after a certain number of days in target application
- Do we support it in v1 and v2 controls?
- What actions are supported?
All actions except Accept, Revoke, Further Review are supported in Default_Action_For_Analytics
- How can we run default action controls?
Default action can only be configured to be run from Job Control Panel > AnalyticsESJob and AnalyticsJob by choosing the checkbox - Execute Default Action for Analyticswhen creating/modifying the job triggers
This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.