Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Post count should count as Post only

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Post count on UI should not include replies 

rushikeshvartak_0-1707716083601.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.
6 REPLIES 6

Sunil
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, @rushikeshvartak . Forum platform by default shows total number for Posts (Topics) and replies to topics in board view. 

Dave
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rushikeshvartak - To add to Sunil's reply I want to clarify some nomenclature: 

Topics = The first post in a thread is called a Topic. 
Replies = Replies to that topic.
Posts = Both topics and replies.
Threads = A topic and its replies.

This is common "community" nomenclature in the "community" community. 

At the Community level we want to see ALL activity, new Topics and new Replies:

views2.JPG

I can see the TPAG board has a total of 408 posts 2 of them new to me. Remember, posts are either new topics or new replies. Both topics and replies are considered posts. We want to see ALL activity.

PAM also has 2 new items (topics or replies) for me to review.
IGA has 137 posts (topics or replies) I have not yet reviewed.
And AAG has 5 new posts (topics or replies) that I also haven't read yet.

On this screen I can see ALL activity. New replies AND new topics. We want to see both. We want to see ALL activity in a board, not just replies. All activity needs to be read / reviewed if we want to stay current on that board.

At the Board level it only shows replies on each thread / each topic:

views1.JPG

I can see the first one is a new Topic with zero replies and 32 views.
The second Topic has one reply and 83 views.
The third Topic has 2 replies and 154 views.

Hopefully that helps explain things better and I didn't complicate matters. But yes, your example is correct, we want to include BOTH new Topics and new Replies at that community level. But once you are at the board level, you can see it is one KB with three replies:

SOD.JPG

Again, I apologize for any confusion on what a "post" is.  Posts are both new topics and replies.

Since KB - we ideally don’t monitor hence we should disable comments

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I disagree. We encourage people to comment!  We also encourage people to write KB articles!  (Although as I am looking at the KB board right now, it doesn't look like we have the feature turned on for forum users to submit KB articles. I will need to connect with Tim later today and ask him about that. I would love to get the All-Stars to write some KB articles -- perhaps turn some forum solutions into KBs.)

I have seen in past comments on KB are unmonitored ( most of cases as KB writer not responding/ not part of saviynt) and suggested to raise new forum post providing link

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Yeah, this is a problem. KB authors change teams or get busy elsewhere and stop replying on the forums. I nag them on Slack, trying to get them to reply. But there is only so much I can do.