Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to exclude Saviynt own monitoring analytics from our long running analytics

RikuN
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi

We have FD ticket where we wanted to know which Analytics runs every sunday for 1 and half days.

https://saviyntsupport.saviynt.com/support/tickets/1669038

This i conclusion of that ticket:

"This is an analytics controler job which is running in weekly basis and it is an internal Elastic servers job which is running in background. This job is running for all analytics for archival data. "

and 

" We recommend you to please raise query on the below forum for building an SQL query as per the requirement, our respective team will review and address your quires."

And they were not able to answer how we can exclude that from our Analytics, that reports all analytics which has runned over 60 minutes.

Can someone here help excluding it (i think issue is that it has some generic name)?

Regards

Riku

7 REPLIES 7

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @RikuN 

let me check internally with the agent worked on FD ticket and come back to you.

Thanks

Darshan

RikuN
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi

Sure, thanks.

Regards

Riku

Hi @RikuN 

I could see the analytics you have configured and it looks like you are using qrtz fired time and not the job start time to calculate the difference , Job may be have been fired but sometimes it goes in the que ( especially analytics job as there may be running simultaneously ) so it will trigger a Temp trigger and wait for it to launch but job is already fired here but when it actually runs then the job start time is updated, that is why in ecm import job there is no job which is running more than 1hr but your report says so.

I would suggest you to caluclate based on job start date or increase the time to more than 1hr to aviod this case.

Thanks

Darshan

RikuN
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi

I still believe it really runs over 24 hours. I saw that job on monday morning on "Running jobs"-page with job name: MT_223nm3y2nlayg and at that point it had runned over 24 hours based on Saviynt UI information. 

I try to confirm this next monday and then report here more information.

Regards

Riku

RikuN
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi

I also added job startdate and jobenddate from ecmimportjob-table  to our analytics, but AnalyticsESJob jobstartdate is empty.

RikuN_0-1695277751075.png

There must be some issue in joins of our sql as Analytics jobs doesn't have "actual jobs", but i can't figure out what? Also job name is missing for AnalyticsESJob's. But when report finds actual job, it shows job name correctly.

Our joins:

qrtz_fired_triggers qft
inner join qrtz_triggers qrt on qft.trigger_name = qrt.trigger_name
and qft.trigger_group = qrt.trigger_group
left outer join ecmimportjob ecm on qrt.trigger_name = ecm.triggername
and qrt.job_group = ecm.jobgroup

Regards

Riku

Hi @RikuN 

AnalyticsES jobs is triggered when analytics is scheduled from UI instead of job control panel , now here the job fired time is not the same as ecm import job start time and Also for analytics ES job , once job is completed, it will store in ECM import job so thats the miss happening, I would suggest you to schedule all the analytics from job control panel instead of UI so that you can remove those or you need to exclude this job completely and it will remove all the analytics which is configured to run from analytics config page.

Thanks

Darshan

Thanks

Darshan

RikuN
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi

Here is screenshot

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 10.50.51.png

of that job running. It started around midnigh, so at this point it has run over 10 hours. I still don't know what that analytics is, but in this screenshot is has name: MT_5gn7cn91ke5kp . Clicking that link opens this information about it:

RikuN_0-1696147082899.png

Can we find out what job/analytics it is, based on this information?

Regards

Riku

[This message has been edited by moderator to remove url hyperlink]