Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

SAP SOD Job failure

MattM
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

SOD evaluation is working fine in my Dev environment, but Prod is failing. I followed the instructions at Configuring SOD in N Steps (saviyntcloud.com) I've uploaded the OOTB SAP ruleset (the same one that works fine in Dev). I've created the Detective SOD, following the documentation at Job Categories for Flat Job Control Panel (saviyntcloud.com). When I run the job, it throws a "Failure" status up in just a few seconds, although the job itself sits in Running Jobs for around half an hour, then shows a "Terminated" Response in the job history.

Looking at the Job Log Detail, I see the following:

Job Name
Executing Server IP
NumberofAccounts
NumberofUsers
NumberOfRisks

However, I see nothing about the following, which all appear in Dev:

TotalSODViolationsFound
NewSODViolationsFound
SODViolationsNoLongerExists
NumberOfFunctionstoEvaluate

My job has an email template applied, a Ruleset chosen, and the SAP system selected, which is identical to how it’s configured in Dev (with the obvious exception that I’m looking at Prod SAP). Any suggestions on what to try?

2 REPLIES 2

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @MattM 

This would need some deeper debugging with logs and system level configurations. Would request you to raise a support ticket as you can get the appropriate attention for it as it is a production issue.

MattM
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thanks Sai, I'll do that.