Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Role owner campaign remove user

ARNAB86
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

We have created one role owner campain for Enterprise role,The Enterprise role contains some users in user tab and associated Entitlements with it in Entitlement tab(In Role).

We are trying to remove the user from the Role Owner campaign, So while we select ay user and remove it from the role owner campaign and complete the certificate, it is creating the Revoke access task as well.

But question is without running the Provisioning Job it is automatically clear the user from that particular Enterprise role user tab

Is it the normal behaviour in role owner campaign removing user automatically after completing the Campaign before running any Provisioning job because while we run the Provisioning job it is revoking the access from the Entitlement/group for which the revoke access task got generated.

Please let me know

4 REPLIES 4

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @ARNAB86 

I appreciate you reaching out to the Saviynt forums.

Provisioning job is expected to execute the provisioning/de-provisioning tasks. As you have mentioned the revoke access tasks are being created. They are expected to get processed by the job which is happening in your case.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @ARNAB86 

Could you please share the steps to replicate (with screenshots). It is not clear what action you are selecting.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

ARNAB86
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

It is working as expected but my question is for my case the user is removing before running the Job from particular role (user tab).

Actually the user from Role (user tab) removing automatically , before trigerring the Job and while we run the Job it is removing the account from the particular entitlement for that role.

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @ARNAB86 

At this point we are not sure if this issue is specific to role owner campaign or any role-user association.

1. When I add a user to an enterprise role, role doesn't appear in the user->Roles tab untill the access tasks associated with the entitlements under that role are completed. As soon as the access tasks are completed role reflects under the user-role tab. 

2. Same is the behavior for role removal. I tried to remove the role, remove access tasks get created. Once I complete those tasks then only role shows removed from the user. 

It seems the same is not happening in your case.

Could you please also try directly removing role for some test user and see if the behavior is same. Then we can identify if the issue is restricted to any role-user association or only happening in the case of campaign, and we can triage further accordingly.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma