Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Role association to an Endpoint while import

PrashantG
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

1.Imported test roles using DB import roles documentation (Configuring the Integration for Importing Roles (saviyntcloud.com))
2.Manually updated the role for endpoint associated and made it requestable
3.Updated the endpoint with request option as table & required as True.
4.able to see the Role in ARS system.

Query is
1.how to attach these Role to an endpoint, while doing import using tags, as I import using configuration in an specific endpoint
2.is there any xml tags which I can use to attach this "application" role explicitly to an endpoint ?

8 REPLIES 8

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @PrashantG,

Can you please share your XML, which you are using for Roles import.

Thanks,

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

This is working XML 

<dataMapping>
<sql-query description="This query is to import roles from DB application table" uniquecolumnsascommaseparated="role_name">
<![CDATA[select role_type, role_name, status from mysql_saviynt_dev_db.roles]]>
</sql-query>
<mapper description="This is the mapping field for Saviynt Field name">
<mapfield saviyntproperty="role_name" sourceproperty="role_name" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="roletype" sourceproperty="role_type" type="number"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="status" sourceproperty="status" type="number"></mapfield>
</mapper>
</dataMapping>

Though tried to add 2 tags ,securitysystem & endpoint but it didn't worked

<dataMapping>
<sql-query description="This query is to import roles from DB application table" uniquecolumnsascommaseparated="role_name" >
<![CDATA[select 'NPC_MySQL_DB_SS' as applicationname,'NPC_MYSQL_DB_App' as endpointname, role_type, role_name, status from mysql_saviynt_dev_db.roles]]>
</sql-query>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="role_name" sourceproperty="role_name" type="character"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="roletype" sourceproperty="role_type" type="number"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="status" sourceproperty="status" type="number"></mapfield>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="securitysystems.systemname" sourceproperty="applicationname" type="character"/>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="endpoints.endpointname" sourceproperty="endpointname" type="character"/>
</mapper>
</dataMapping>

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @PrashantG,

At the moment, associating the role with the endpoint is not a supported feature. I kindly encourage you to submit an enhancement request through the idea portal.

As an alternative, you may try mapping using the "endpointkey" as a workaround and see it works.

Thank you.

Hi Sudesh,

I tired to add endpointKey (got by querying the DB)..but it is failing, as it expects the column in ROLES table.

<dataMapping>
<sql-query description="This query is to import roles from DB application table" uniquecolumnsascommaseparated="role_name" >
<![CDATA[select 'NPC_MySQL_DB_SS' as applicationname,15 as 'endpointkey', role_type, role_name, status from mysql_saviynt_dev_db.roles]]>
</sql-query>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="securitysystems.systemname" sourceproperty="applicationname" type="character"/>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="endpoints.endpointkey" sourceproperty="endpointkey" type="character"/>
</mapper>
</dataMapping>

PrashantG_0-1700208918061.png

endpointkey is working for us

<mapfield saviyntproperty="endpointkey" sourceproperty="endpointkey" type="number"></mapfield>

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi Rushikesh,

yes, the mapfield endpointkey is working, but here as well, I need to provide endpointkey (which is hardcoded, which I queried in the saviynt DB to get the value)....

1.is this the right way.....I mean it should be automatically mapped to an endpoint rather than user providing it,  that too he has to first query in the Saviynt DB.....or I am doing incorrectly?

<dataMapping>
<![CDATA[select 15 as 'endpointkey', role_type, role_name, status from mysql_saviynt_dev_db.new_roles]]>
</sql-query>
<mapfield saviyntproperty="endpointkey" sourceproperty="endpointkey" type="number"/>
</mapper>
</dataMapping>

You need to provide in query

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @PrashantG ,

Thanks for trying it,

As said earlier currently this is not supported would request you to raise the enhancement in the idea portal.

Thanks