Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User upload without creation

IAM
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I need to allow a user to make user changes via user upload. My concern is if they accidentally put in the wrong username in the csv, Saviynt will create that user which could possibly cause hundreds of unwanted users to create.

Is there any way to not allow creation? Maybe through the preprocessor query?

6 REPLIES 6

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Why would you want end user to make changes on their profile via csv upload?

Cant you have a form (update user request) form for them to make any changes on their profile?

This way all changes that end user is requesting goes through approval process and once the request is approved then only change is committed in Saviynt.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

IAM
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I have a requirement to give the ability to an admin of another application to revoke all access to their application.

So what I'm doing is creating a user update rule that says if CP40 is updated to "REMOVEACCESS", then it will remove access to that target application. My thought is to allow the user to periodically upload a csv with the users he wants to revoke their access for his application. It may be dozens or 100+ users at a time.

PremMahadikar
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @IAM ,

Yes, Preprocessor query is the answer.

Add the below line in your preprocessor:

"DELETE FROM NEWUSERDATA where NEWUSERDATA.username NOT IN (SELECT u.username FROM CURRENTUSERS u)"

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

IAM
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I tried that and the below and I'm getting 0 users inserts and updated. Is this JSON correct?

{"PREPROCESSQUERIES": ["DELETE FROM NEWUSERDATA where NEWUSERDATA.username NOT IN (SELECT u.username FROM CURRENTUSERS u)"]}

PremMahadikar
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@IAM ,

Try this, I have simple columns in file: username, firstname, lastname, statuskey

Working code:

{ 
 "ADDITIONALTABLES": {
"USERS" : "SELECT userkey,systemusername,username,firstname,lastname FROM USERS"
},
"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS" :[ 
"username",
],
"PREPROCESSQUERIES" : [
"DELETE FROM NEWUSERDATA where NEWUSERDATA.username NOT IN (SELECT u.username FROM CURRENTUSERS u)"
]
}

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

IAM
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

That worked thank you!