Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Unable to update dynamic variable - in action field- tehnical rules

nomaaaaaan
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

we have created different roles with department and based on department if updated we need the access to be provisioned- we want to update "Department-$(user.departmentname)" in object field but when we give object type as enterprise roles its only looking for existing roles, do we have to pre-define this dynamic variable anywhere before using it in technical rules? it just shows as searching.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Please try below

rushikeshvartak_0-1663252719772.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

nomaaaaaan
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

so we cant use object as Department-$(user.departmentname) in technical rules?

as given in FD document- 

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000431680-creating-technical-rules

nomaaaaaan_0-1663249532548.png

basically I want to provision Enterprise role based on dynamic values, 

Hello @nomaaaaaan,

From what I understand, you want to Provision an Enterprise Role based on a user's department.

Couple of points :

1) Your Technical Rule should have the reference as Department-${user.departmentname} not Department-$(user.departmentname

2) Configure your rules as mentioned above, it will not return any specific values but should allow you to save what you have typed in.

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

Hi Avinash, 

Yes that's right, but when I input the object it doesn't get saved, it keeps searching and nothing happens, any inputs?

nomaaaaaan_0-1663253231627.png

Are you still using parentheses, thats what I see in your latest screenshot.

Can you try with curly brackets ?

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

Department-${user.departmentName}

rushikeshvartak_1-1663252856867.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

nomaaaaaan
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

thank you Avinash and Rushikesh, this works.