Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

ServiceNow Import Users - Unable to fetch Department Name

pbhawsar
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there,

We import accounts from ServiceNow using the rest connector. We are unable to fetch the department name. 

ServiceNow department attribute has JSON value. This value stores two attributes: 1) a link and 2) value. (I tried that link in Postman and it returned all the attributes of the department, I can see the name, and display name attribute)

I believe we need to tweak ImportAccountJSON and make a nested call to fetch the department name.

Please see the attached snippet for ImportAccountEntJSON and ServiceNow JSON response. 

Screenshot: Accounts > Other Attributes

pbhawsar_0-1721138014217.png

Regards,

Pritesh Bhawsar

11 REPLIES 11

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Refer https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/ServiceNow-v24x/page/Content/ServiceNow-as-a-Managed-Applicatio... 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@pbhawsar  Did you refer below forum thread

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/servicenow-importing-manager-attribute/m-p/100562#...

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

pbhawsar
New Contributor
New Contributor

@SumathiSomala 

I already tried  "CUSTOMPROPERTY5": "department.value~#~char", but this doesn't fulfil our use case. It shows the value of the department on CP5, the value is non-human readable.

For instance, if the department name is "Customer Support" then the value might be "5d7f0044e0bfc871020e5bcb17f03d43" 

(we need the department name as a value to be populated on CP5, which can be fetched by another REST call. In the department JSON, the Link attribute value is the URL for that call, and if we use the GET method with the link URL, we'll get the JSON response of the department. From the JSON response, we can fetch the department name.)

• In this case you need to call another api and update department name

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Yes, exactly! It requires a nested call to fetch the department name (I mentioned it in the post).

Could you share the snippet of how to make nested calls in ImportAccountEntJSON and update the CP5 with the department name? 

Does department api response contains account name ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

pbhawsar
New Contributor
New Contributor

@rushikeshvartak ,

It doesn't contain an account name. it's an independent API call. 

• Then you can't map 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

pbhawsar
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is there any way to update these values? Because it's not only a department attribute but the same case with the manager, location, cost center, company and other attributes.

• You can bring them as entitlement 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @pbhawsar 

Could you please try with the below in call2 and confirm if it works.

${response.department.message.links[0].href}"

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma